FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, that was a lot of posts without a single picture of a coral. My apologies! I won't let it happen again! Please take these pictures of RCA Baton Rouge frags as offerings of my sincerest apologies.
RCAbatonrougefragactinic3 (1 of 1).jpg
RCAbatonrougefragactinic2 (1 of 1).jpg
RCAbatonrougefragactinic1 (1 of 1).jpg

One of my fav sps ... ;Drool

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I thought you added this Male. lol
Congrats on your new addition hope one of them will change into a beautiful male . but i guess it will take some time for the change to happen.
Oh man, that'd make my year to get this one. I've had my LFS look for 6 months now for a male... Nothing. So, I'm going with Plan B with two females and hope one changes over time. Crossing my fingers!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but what does RCA stands for in Baton Rouge? You have to excuse the "ignorance" as I'm from Toronto, Canada ;)
Oh, nobody would really know even outside of Austin. It's a local fish store in town... River City Aquatics. The mother is from them and I had a backup of the colony. The mother died at the local fish store but I still have the backup. My buddy Gigem has small colony too so we are doing our best to keep it going. It grows a bit slow so frags do eventually make it out but very slowly. I think 3 people besides us two have it.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, nobody would really know even outside of Austin. It's a local fish store in town... River City Aquatics. The mother is from them and I had a backup of the colony. The mother died at the local fish store but I still have the backup. My buddy Gigem has small colony too so we are doing our best to keep it going. It grows a bit slow so frags do eventually make it out but very slowly. I think 3 people besides us two have it.
Here's an idea... send me a frag and I'll grow it out for another backup! ;):D;)

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey FarmerTy ... ya gotta go "international" and let me propagate the RCA Baton Rouge lineage ... North of the border eh?
Hey... makes sense. Us Louisianians get a lot of our history from French Canadians (Acadians lead to the "Cajuns")

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC Blue monster - I have high hopes for this one... Very unique growth form and some nice color to boot.
WWCBlueMonster (1 of 1).jpg

FarmerTy Eternal Flame (mother colony under actinics) - the large frag in the frag tank was showing some amazing colors on the polyps... Almost VA Confetti types colors but its nice to scoot back away from the macro and see a small colony as well. This one is under T5s about 450 par.
FTEternalFlame (1 of 1)-2.jpg
Just talking to bubba about how much I want that blue monster

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back