OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't mind it if your Unique corals Red Velvet sps keep it's current colour ... looks like a 3 tier cake formation :)
I was actually joking around. That is a picture of my wedding cake 5 years ago. [emoji16]

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh QT... Always so much fun. New additions waiting to get the all clear.

5 bimaculatus anthias
2 female semifasciatus angels (Japanese masked swallowtails)
d259a7e3c0f8fa448a7a822039ece39b.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and I lucked my way into a black tang! Picking him up Saturday when I will be visiting Houston.

I will be booting my scribbled angel to make room for the new fish additions.
af3a12db9e85611036fbcb609d2d850b.jpg

The last one in my lfs was in there for about 2 months, black tang, dark naso and an achilles are the top 3 of my wanted list , technically there are 4 on the list, a gem would be nice, they have a gem in currently but no-one will give me a price for the other kidney because "apparently" I need at least one! ;)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last one in my lfs was in there for about 2 months, black tang, dark naso and an achilles are the top 3 of my wanted list , technically there are 4 on the list, a gem would be nice, they have a gem in currently but no-one will give me a price for the other kidney because "apparently" I need at least one! ;)
You sir have expensive fish tastes and not enough kidneys to support it!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will love the black tang! Mine is a big ole puppy dog, never picks a fight with anyone.
Thanks Alton! My only other tang is a large blonde naso so hopefully he can go right in and I don't have to worry about any issues fighting with anyone.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my black tang while on my day trip to Houston. Its a beauty! All the fish gave it a once over... Flashed some fins... Did some positioning... And then moved on. The only other tang in the tank, the blonde nasi, didn't even look twice at it... But its so much smaller than the naso, I figured it was beneath his attention level anyways.

Here's a quick cell phone snap of the fish gang initiation process.

I hope the introduction of the 5 bimaculatus anthias and two Japanese masked angels goes as well.
IMG_20181008_073504.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my black tang while on my day trip to Houston. Its a beauty! All the fish gave it a once over... Flashed some fins... Did some positioning... And then moved on. The only other tang in the tank, the blonde nasi, didn't even look twice at it... But its so much smaller than the naso, I figured it was beneath his attention level anyways.

Here's a quick cell phone snap of the fish gang initiation process.

I hope the introduction of the 5 bimaculatus anthias and two Japanese masked angels goes as well.
IMG_20181008_073504.jpg

That is gorgeous, very jealous. :)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright Ty, with all these awesome fish you have now. What is your favorite 3?
Regal Angel, regal angel, and regal angel. But since I can't pick him 3 times...

1) Regal Angel
2) Majestic Angel
3) Flame wrasse

The black tang may make the list once he starts pulling my heart strings more. I have a feeling if one of the Japanese Masked Swallowtail angels turns male, it may rocket to 2nd place.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal Angel, regal angel, and regal angel. But since I can't pick him 3 times...

❤️

Did you pay any attention to the region when you got yours? I've heard it's worth waiting for a non-Indo one.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1) Regal Angel
2) Majestic Angel
3) Flame wrasse

The black tang may make the list once he starts pulling my heart strings more. I have a feeling if one of the Japanese Masked Swallowtail angels turns male, it may rocket to 2nd place.

Is he a nipper at all? I've been putting off getting one. Worried about my LPS

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji173]️

Did you pay any attention to the region when you got yours? I've heard it's worth waiting for a non-Indo one.
Red Sea one Holisticbear. They have higher survivability through QT and have that nice yellow belly but a higher price tag.
Is he a nipper at all? I've been putting off getting one. Worried about my LPS
Any angel is going to have a chance to be a nipper sadly. He is actually the one that nips the least in my tank out of tje 5 angels. LPS are like candy to most angels for the most part but its always going to depend on the fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back