FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to get a Najer quality fish shot of him soon once he settles in. He has some scuffle marks from his initiation into the tank.

The last one in my lfs was about $200 more than I paid for the trachy, I have a 3 inch plus scopas and a 2 inch flame angel, I was sooooo tempted but walked away! ;)

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question. I've noticed you light the dt with t5 and the frag tank with Radion. Any particular reason why and do you have a preference?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last one in my lfs was about $200 more than I paid for the trachy, I have a 3 inch plus scopas and a 2 inch flame angel, I was sooooo tempted but walked away! ;)
I have no idea how much that trachy was but I'm guessing expensive!
Beautiful Ty, just outstanding!!
Thanks bud!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question. I've noticed you light the dt with t5 and the frag tank with Radion. Any particular reason why and do you have a preference?
I've always preferred the look of a T5-lit acro tank. No shadows, even coverage... Grow things on the sand to the top... Quick growth.

That being said, the new game around is pretty little frags that mostly look good under bluer lighting. So I went with what the standard lighting most use for those "high end" frags... Radions... With T5 supplements. I'm working on the T5 supplements part but running the Radions over my frag tank allows me to color up the rainbow tenuis' and other bluer lighting frags the same as everyone else. That and I couldn't imagine two 8-bulb T5 fixtures in a small fish room... I could probably slow cook brisket in there. [emoji16]

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the fish man!! They look healthy and happy :D

The thing I love most is an agel/sps reef! Nothing looks better in my opinion, with the exception of butterflies and wrasse haha

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I see Ty post pics of his angels my heart says go ahead, you know you want one, you got to frag tanks to look at the polyps. Then my brain says as soon as it eats my polyps I will wish I didn't. Angels are just so beautiful they are hard to resist!

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I see Ty post pics of his angels my heart says go ahead, you know you want one, you got to frag tanks to look at the polyps. Then my brain says as soon as it eats my polyps I will wish I didn't. Angels are just so beautiful they are hard to resist!
Just give in like the rest of us! haha even better you could get some pygmy angels and butterflies like me haha then you'll really have no PE!!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the fish man!! They look healthy and happy :D

The thing I love most is an agel/sps reef! Nothing looks better in my opinion, with the exception of butterflies and wrasse haha
Thanks Wrangy!

What? Butterflies and wrasses? Why didn't I think of that?! Who wants some ugly angels? [emoji1]
Do it Bubba! I stare at polyps in my frag tank all day long! You can get your fix there. Its angel time!
Just give in like the rest of us! haha even better you could get some pygmy angels and butterflies like me haha then you'll really have no PE!!
Polyps are overrated! [emoji23]

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feel the Radion are an equal to t5 in growth and overall coral health?

I'm a t5 user and have pondered Radion and always seek out the opinions of experienced and successful reefers. If I didn't live in such a warm climate I'd still love the mh.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm a t5 user and have pondered Radion and always seek out the opinions of experienced and successful reefers. If I didn't live in such a warm climate I'd still love the mh.
I wish I could say but I'd need more time with the Radions to answer your question. They are newer lights for me.

@bubbaque may have more insight for you regarding differences seen between Radions and T5s regarding growth and coloration.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have t5's on two tanks and radion t5 combo on another. I am not sure if I get better growth under the radions but I believe I get better color.

If you already have the t5's I don't know if I would go and spend the substantial amount of money needed to go radions but if starting a new build or you are not worried about the money, I would go with radions + t5's.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have t5's on two tanks and radion t5 combo on another. I am not sure if I get better growth under the radions but I believe I get better color.

If you already have the t5's I don't know if I would go and spend the substantial amount of money needed to go radions but if starting a new build or you are not worried about the money, I would go with radions + t5's.
Thank you

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Umm, successful and experienced? Move on Rik! No such person exists here!:). Shoot, I came back to his thread!

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm, successful and experienced? Move on Rik! No such person exists here!:). Shoot, I came back to his thread!
Well you're here.. and just when I thought you were more then a big spender and I could trust your experience and advice! You let me down Sang :)
How's that Interruptus?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you're here.. and just when I thought you were more then a big spender and I could trust your experience and advice! You let me down Sang :)
How's that Interruptus?
There's always trouble when Sang is involved. [emoji1]

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back