OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hate waking up to the pucker factor meter making noise.......Your pics of late(since your dog ate your camera) have been terrific. Corals are on point.
Thanks! I’m going to try to get to the next level and have my kid destroy the camera next.

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BKChem Brain Freeze - holy moly... this thing is awesome and so unique.
4A4FE568-0264-4654-8AF3-D7ED14C40A93.jpeg

This thing looks awesome. How high of light are you keeping it in?

I’ve seen this coral floating around some of the FB pages. Seems like your picture is likely more accurate of what you’d see in real life. The pics on FB seem to be more purple base. Tempted to get one and pay the premium for it. Need a show piece coral.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing looks awesome. How high of light are you keeping it in?

I’ve seen this coral floating around some of the FB pages. Seems like your picture is likely more accurate of what you’d see in real life. The pics on FB seem to be more purple base. Tempted to get one and pay the premium for it. Need a show piece coral.
I am quite surprised by it. I’m always a skeptic of online pics but when it actually showed up... wow. Totally unique... never seen anything like it before in all my years of keeping SPS. I know there are several variants of it and I almost want to collect them all if they wouldn’t put a giant hole in my wallet.

Its currently at 425 par.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the Red Gecko, AV99 lineage, and this photo here is SPOT ON to what my colony looks like in daylight. Gotta appreciate that...
That horrida is sic....I’ve just added it to my must have list...
Thanks a bunch! I try to capture what I see under full spectrum when possible. It’s hard to resist trying to snap pictures under all blues and blasting the saturation to get those ultra sexy coral pics but I like to dabble in reality when showing coral potential. It is fun to do some actinic artsy pictures once in a blue moon though.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks a bunch! I try to capture what I see under full spectrum when possible. It’s hard to resist trying to snap pictures under all blues and blasting the saturation to get those ultra sexy coral pics but I like to dabble in reality when showing coral potential. It is fun to do some actinic artsy pictures once in a blue moon though.
Any and all good photography is fun, no? Lol

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any and all good photography is fun, no? Lol
Oh for sure. I really love that I have such a fun and challenging associative hobby such as photography to go with my reef keeping. Allows me to enjoy reefing that much more but in a different way.

Its like if my wife decided she loved playing video games too. :p

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Did you get it direct from BKchem?

I did. That and Jumanji, Crackjuice, and Psycho Orange. I'm just about ready to put them in the display. It's so hard to keep my hands out of the tanks with all of this stay at home stuff going on.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back