OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. That and Jumanji, Crackjuice, and Psycho Orange. I'm just about ready to put them in the display. It's so hard to keep my hands out of the tanks with all of this stay at home stuff going on.
Oohhh, I want to see!

Tell me about it. I work from home normally!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk a walk with me into the blue side...

JF Sunday Driver
B50606EF-1CCE-4DE7-850C-D2FF969A7D18.jpeg

LRO Lunar Lemonade
A14D2809-136B-4A28-9615-C1CC9A1B2C35.jpeg

RR Red Bull
6EF37F6B-9069-41C7-9D87-059A6691F580.jpeg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like someone is getting to spend some extra time with his reef babies! ;-)
I wish! I snap 50 pics at a time and then never see them again. With no contact during the pandemic means I’m full-time Mr. Mom to a new infant and toddler.

I post during my sanity breaks. If you pull the first letter off every sentence... it spells... help me!

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are pretty good size pieces too. What’s your favorite of the bunch?

Oh, Jumanji for sure. It's Smurf blue and the polyps are two-toned. I've never seen anything like it. Now the polyps on the Brainfreeze are completely bipolar - red on one side and florescent yellow on the other side. Crackjuice is cool, not really grafting colors for me yet. The Psycho Orange is more of a furry green... I built a lil photo booth out of black acrylic last week so I'm going to try to figure out the custom white balance on my old skool Canon 5d and take accurate pics without having to LR the heck out of them

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, Jumanji for sure. It's Smurf blue and the polyps are two-toned. I've never seen anything like it. Now the polyps on the Brainfreeze are completely bipolar - red on one side and florescent yellow on the other side. Crackjuice is cool, not really grafting colors for me yet. The Psycho Orange is more of a furry green... I built a lil photo booth out of black acrylic last week so I'm going to try to figure out the custom white balance on my old skool Canon 5d and take accurate pics without having to LR the heck out of them

Very nice corals, where did you get Jumanji from?

What species do we think it is?

Thanks.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like I’ll have to get the Jumanji! Thanks for the assessment!

That photo booth sounds like a great idea!

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice corals, where did you get Jumanji from?

What species do we think it is?

Thanks.

BkChem - I'm not sure what the species is. I'll ask him for ya

Edit: with his permission to share it, he says this, and I forwarded your thread to him Ty in case he want to chime in:

That’s been a really hard one to try to figure out. I’ve been discussing this with divers, friends and a few others for quite some time.
What what we’ve deducted, it’s a deeper water tenuis.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BkChem - I'm not sure what the species is. I'll ask him for ya

Edit: with his permission to share it, he says this, and I forwarded your thread to him Ty in case he want to chime in:

That’s been a really hard one to try to figure out. I’ve been discussing this with divers, friends and a few others for quite some time.
What what we’ve deducted, it’s a deeper water tenuis.
Speciosa was my guess but who knows.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bkchem Brain Freeze
So beautiful! I am curious why you think it’s a Speciosa Ty. Is this as delicate as a Red dragon? It sure looks more sturdy, but it’s hard to tell from pics.
Panic relayed that it might be a deeper water Acro but you mentioned having it in 425 PAR. That would not correlate to a deep water Acro....am I missing something? Lol

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So beautiful! I am curious why you think it’s a Speciosa Ty. Is this as delicate as a Red dragon? It sure looks more sturdy, but it’s hard to tell from pics.
Panic relayed that it might be a deeper water Acro but you mentioned having it in 425 PAR. That would not correlate to a deep water Acro....am I missing something? Lol
I was just throwing a species name out to try to look cool. I have no idea what I’m talking about. But when I looked up some pictures of speciosa... especially the growth pattern in Papua New Guinea, it seemed similar to colonies I’ve seen posted. But really, who knows.

It’s definitely not as delicate as the red dragon. Remember, mine survived arriving at 59 degrees and fragged up to save before it ever even entered my system. All frags made it.

You got me but I was told 425 so that’s what I gave it and it seems perfectly happy.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was just throwing a species name out to try to look cool. I have no idea what I’m talking about. But when I looked up some pictures of speciosa... especially the growth pattern in Papua New Guinea, it seemed similar to colonies I’ve seen posted. But really, who knows.

It’s definitely not as delicate as the red dragon. Remember, mine survived arriving at 59 degrees and fragged up to save before it ever even entered my system. All frags made it.

You got me but I was told 425 so that’s what I gave it and it seems perfectly happy.
I think you’re on to something. When googling Speciosa, I seen a lot of wild colonies that had a similar growth pattern as the frag. I also read that a lot of Speciosa are found in shallow water. So, I’d say you’re probably spot on!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back