FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Yellowsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like a trade is in order. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I’m afraid Tony’s Cookie Monster grows at a glacial pace for me; otherwise I’d be all over that!

I’ve had mine for 2 years, and in that period it has about doubled in size… from 1” to 2”. Womp-womp :(

The color is stunning though, and polyps are always out. Highly recommended!

Yellowsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who have never bought frags from Ty before: I have lurked on this thread for quite awhile now, but I finally couldn't stand it anymore... so I bought some corals from him. I'm probably preaching to the converted here, but in short - you should get your next pack from Ty. You can hear a little more about my experience here, but I got some amazing corals at a great price, very well-packed & shipped. You won't be sorry.

Now... back to the regularly scheduled programming. More pics, please?!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m afraid Tony’s Cookie Monster grows at a glacial pace for me; otherwise I’d be all over that!

I’ve had mine for 2 years, and in that period it has about doubled in size… from 1” to 2”. Womp-womp :(

The color is stunning though, and polyps are always out. Highly recommended!
I’ve heard the same thing. I’m actually getting a frag next weekend and he said the same thing… this is my 2-year old chunk that has grown 6 mm.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who have never bought frags from Ty before: I have lurked on this thread for quite awhile now, but I finally couldn't stand it anymore... so I bought some corals from him. I'm probably preaching to the converted here, but in short - you should get your next pack from Ty. You can hear a little more about my experience here, but I got some amazing corals at a great price, very well-packed & shipped. You won't be sorry.

Now... back to the regularly scheduled programming. More pics, please?!
Its YOU!!!
Shock Omg GIF

Totally didn’t realize that with the screen name. Wow, thanks for the glowing review there bud! I should send you all my corals! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread, great tank! I also enjoy your posts on IG.
How is this one doing? Haven't seen your OG RRU AB in awhile.
Here’s my update. Starting to grow again after the sump upgrade so I’m excited!
E305826A-B29F-428D-8B04-3800288DA194.jpeg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Love the deep blue and how the polyps vary from yellow, orange and red. Very nice, probably my favorite acro.
I would say the same. Definitely one of my favorites in the system for sure. Be probably my favorite if it was a giant colony.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t comment too much on dosage or application but I dose mine diluted… directly into my skimmer and have had no issues. I did it for about 8-9 months and saw no issues with my acros or my angels/tangs in my system.

Dosed LC on Saturday and checked levels yesterday. PO4 went from 0.08 to 0.05 in a day. I dosed again yesterday and will check again today. So far I haven't had any issues. Corals look good and fish are doing fine. I can't believe I waited this long to dose it.

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosed LC on Saturday and checked levels yesterday. PO4 went from 0.08 to 0.05 in a day. I dosed again yesterday and will check again today. So far I haven't had any issues. Corals look good and fish are doing fine. I can't believe I waited this long to dose it.
Sheesh I need more fish :( still waiting on my lid to be made. I have a few tangs already and I can’t get my phopahates up past 0.03

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back