FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hanging in there guys. Tank is still okay but I haven't had to battle 90-degree plus temperatures yet. Fortunately it's been an overcast day but if they don't get the power up by tomorrow I might be in a bit of trouble.

We got blasted on the Northside of Austin. 40 to 60 mile per hour wind gusts that toppled some trees in the neighborhood and one of them took down a line that feeds our neighborhood. The trees have been removed but we are currently waiting around for the power company to reinstall the line.
keep me posted. I've got the 45g that currently only has 3 cardinals in it if you need to rehome some fish and of course both tanks for corals.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hanging in there guys. Tank is still okay but I haven't had to battle 90-degree plus temperatures yet. Fortunately it's been an overcast day but if they don't get the power up by tomorrow I might be in a bit of trouble.

We got blasted on the Northside of Austin. 40 to 60 mile per hour wind gusts that toppled some trees in the neighborhood and one of them took down a line that feeds our neighborhood. The trees have been removed but we are currently waiting around for the power company to reinstall the line.

Ouch, we didn’t get much of anything down south....time to move down here so I can get frags easier ;)

You are more than welcome to store livestock in my tank if you need to...I have some room, and 90g of water ready to go if you need anything. I won’t be upset if you misplaced a Sunburst in the tank ;)

I would try and get some bags of ice to prep for the heat of the day. With that and the generator hopefully you can make it

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A not so subtle reminder that I need a backup power plan myself. Looked into whole home gen, but kinda pricey. Hope everything stays healthy for you.

Last edited:

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A not so subtle reminder that I need a backup power plan myself. Looked into while home gen, but kinda pricey. Hope everything staye healthy for you.
Yeah, same here... I was just thinking about looking for a generator.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best money I never spent. For my wife's 25th work anniversary, our boss got us a 15k whole house gen. We paid for install which was cost as I have an electrician in the family :)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The forums gave me a good avenue to be a squeaky wheel. The minute I complained about not having electricity still at 9pm... 20 HOURS LATER, the electric company texted and said we have a green light... Or any light for that matter! We have electricity again!

Thank you... Oh thank you magic bubbling wand of life and its buddy, the $6 bait bucket bubbler from Wal-Mart!

Thank you ye old $3 mercury thermometer suctioned cupped to the glass to help me keep an eye on temps.

And most importantly, thank you my brand new generator, your awesome 1800 watts of life giving power... Letting me run my return pump, 2 MP60s, a small fan, and even my Monster Reef Octopus skimmer rated for 450 gallons... And the occasional recharging of my phone.

We survived... We did it. We are exhausted... Goodnight all and thank you for the well wishes and support.

1069898e5c6dc18e0b83557af65c2dbe.jpg

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The forums gave me a good avenue to be a squeaky wheel. The minute I complained about not having electricity still at 9pm... 20 HOURS LATER, the electric company texted and said we have a green light... Or any light for that matter! We have electricity again!

Thank you... Oh thank you magic bubbling wand of life and its buddy, the $6 bait bucket bubbler from Wal-Mart!

Thank you ye old $3 mercury thermometer suctioned cupped to the glass to help me keep an eye on temps.

And most importantly, thank you my brand new generator, your awesome 1800 watts of life giving power... Letting me run my return pump, 2 MP60s, a small fan, and even my Monster Reef Octopus skimmer rated for 450 gallons... And the occasional recharging of my phone.

We survived... We did it. We are exhausted... Goodnight all and thank you for the well wishes and support.

1069898e5c6dc18e0b83557af65c2dbe.jpg

Glad everything went ok. Need to pull the trigger to buy a generator for myself.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back