OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo it would be better to hook your feed pump up to the switchable outlet instead of the solenoid. Let your pH controller/apex control the co2 in your reactor. That way it stays constant and the only thing that changes is whether or not its pumping water in. Just a thought.

Btw, I received one of the first alkatronics and have had it for a pretty long time now. I absolutely love it and it has run flawlessly. I also helped with the manual so if you have any questions or concerns just hit me up (although Jonas Roman is quick to respond, best customer service in the biz!)
Thanks for the suggestion with the feed pump. I sadly have my CaRX hooked up via a manifold from my return pump so that option is out. I probably will end up using my Apex to set limits for my solenoid based on the alk value it is receiving from the alkatronic.

I actually do have some questions but been a little busy to bug Roman about it yet. If you don't mind, I'll PM you and see if there is a simple solution with it. Thanks for offering and good to know someone that is so familiar with it!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW check out Reefnjunkies version of heaven n hell. Looks more like the original saturated version than the cc ones I've seen:

67137c9d03d88214d074ac1e00e129ad.jpg
Wow, that's nice! Yeah, I gave up thinking the CC Heaven and Hell could ever look like its original photo... but Reefnjunkies version is awesome!

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion with the feed pump. I sadly have my CaRX hooked up via a manifold from my return pump so that option is out. I probably will end up using my Apex to set limits for my solenoid based on the alk value it is receiving from the alkatronic.

I actually do have some questions but been a little busy to bug Roman about it yet. If you don't mind, I'll PM you and see if there is a simple solution with it. Thanks for offering and good to know someone that is so familiar with it!

No problem man just hit me up, pretty sure I've seen it all so I've gotchu covered. Tanks recovering m great btw, who knows what was in that 84 TDS?!

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's nice! Yeah, I gave up thinking the CC Heaven and Hell could ever look like its original photo... but Reefnjunkies version is awesome!
Not only is it awesome, last time I checked frags were $70 which these days I'm happy to pay for an acro that catches my eye. There are so many fancy acros now that most of the ones i want are expensive.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem man just hit me up, pretty sure I've seen it all so I've gotchu covered. Tanks recovering m great btw, who knows what was in that 84 TDS?!

Thanks! I need all the help I can get sometimes! [emoji4]

You're telling me! I'm was roasting tenuises like they were on a stick over a campfire! I lost like 4 of them in a week before I realized what was wrong.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only is it awesome, last time I checked frags were $70 which these days I'm happy to pay for an acro that catches my eye. There are so many fancy acros now that most of the ones i want are expensive.
Shhh, don't let the secret out before I get a piece!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that is a stunner! I can't wait to see it when it's larger.
I thought it was a lot of hype for Adam at Battlecorals to state it was the coolest acro he's ever seen... I'm starting to believe him as its growing out.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally did it. I fixed the ATI fixture a 2nd time. First time I replaced a ballast... It blew on me 2 days later.

So, on the advice of[mention=5132]Caravanshaka[/mention], I grounded the ballasts separate from the fixture. Hopefully this will keep it from shorting out again.

While I was at it... I took the plunge and went 2x GE 6500K. Two yellow bulbs? He's crazy! Its all about the blue world of reefing these days! [emoji51]

6b24f8f127afffc1d8c1ba2f82e7ab84.jpg

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of yellow...

Dang that's a nice one, I lost mine recently out of the blue........please let me know if you ever want to sell a frag. I know euphyllia, especially fancy and usually sensitive gold torches aren't typically something people want to frag, but just saying, I'm interested lol.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the yellow bulbs?
You'll probably throw up Bubba. [emoji12]

I really like them. It balances out the two SBREEF actinic bars and gives it a nice 12k-14k color. I know most are swinging 20k and higher these days but I do like my white light. I can see my blues, purples, and reds better IMO.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that's a nice one, I lost mine recently out of the blue........please let me know if you ever want to sell a frag. I know euphyllia, especially fancy and usually sensitive gold torches aren't typically something people want to frag, but just saying, I'm interested lol.
Thanks BigJohnny! Its actually on my never cut list. I got a frag from a buddy, and his colony died. So once mine grew out a bit, I fragged him back a head, and all of mine died but 2 heads. So we both vowed to never cut it again.

Then I got convinced to cut it for a frag of the old school Pink Panther... We both cut and both lost our cuts. I tried one more time and it survived. So I'm waiting for him to get the nerve to try to cut me another frag of the pink panther. Its just as delicate to cut.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally did it. I fixed the ATI fixture a 2nd time. First time I replaced a ballast... It blew on me 2 days later.

So, on the advice of[mention=5132]Caravanshaka[/mention], I grounded the ballasts separate from the fixture. Hopefully this will keep it from shorting out again.

While I was at it... I took the plunge and went 2x GE 6500K. Two yellow bulbs? He's crazy! Its all about the blue world of reefing these days! [emoji51]

6b24f8f127afffc1d8c1ba2f82e7ab84.jpg

Crossing my fingers for you!!!

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You'll probably throw up Bubba. [emoji12]

I really like them. It balances out the two SBREEF actinic bars and gives it a nice 12k-14k color. I know most are swinging 20k and higher these days but I do like my white light. I can see my blues, purples, and reds better IMO.
Nothing better than a 14K or 12K reef...:D. I run mine in 14k range with one tropic 6500.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%

Back