Fauna Marin Balling

flipit13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am wondering if anyone on here is doing the balling from fauna marin. if so i would love to hear your pros and cons

thanks in advance
rick

jestersix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using for about four months. Seems to keep everything locked in stable, getting good color and growth from everything. Can be a bit of a pain to dial the doses in, but worth it IMHO. Don't think I would ever go back to the old two part routine again.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using for about four months. Seems to keep everything locked in stable, getting good color and growth from everything. Can be a bit of a pain to dial the doses in, but worth it IMHO. Don't think I would ever go back to the old two part routine again.

Besides the Ca, Alk and Mag, what else do you dose with this? I have been considering either this or the balling lite method.

fishypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Balling lite here. Only beef is tank conusmes a ton of alk which gets expensive.

aquafrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats how I feel, My tank uses a ton of ALK, I have switched to aquavitro salinity salt, and I was able to dial down the alk a little

OP
OP
F

flipit13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the Ca, Alk and Mag, what else do you dose with this? I have been considering either this or the balling lite method.

trace b metal complex, stotium/barium complex, iodine flour complex. its the top elements that usually get forgotten.

i am jumping on the balling cause i have seen such great results and i think safer then a crx, no tanks and you can easily dial it up or down from what i have seen

iPolyp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trace b metal complex, stotium/barium complex, iodine flour complex. its the top elements that usually get forgotten.

i am jumping on the balling cause i have seen such great results and i think safer then a crx, no tanks and you can easily dial it up or down from what i have seen

Keep us updated with how it goes please!

aquafrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you add the Fauna Marin supplements to the normal two part cal and mag, I see they do not add anything to the alk supplement

OP
OP
F

flipit13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us updated with how it goes please!

i have everything ordered that is in stock from 2 companies still some stuff needed.
i didnt go with the profilux out of my price range for now i am going to use the bubble magus 3 doser

asmashling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what i have read the the traces go into the mag and cal nothing goes in the alk.
nope thats wrong- nothing comes in the MG Polution but in the alk you are adding trace b jod flour complex

I am using Balling Light since 1,5 years now and my tank(s) are very stable.
For me there is no cheaper option to keep the ALK on 8 - a reactor is much more expensive..

In the first week you will measure every day - after that just once a week or every second week.. it just works

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

If your tanks need tons of alk it would be important to check your parameters. For the calcification and chemical stability in seawater are 4 different parameters very important , but not only each single parameter like CA/MG/ALK and Salinity ! No more important is the relationship between them.

If you need to much Alk then normaly the relationship between Calcium/Magnsium and alk is not well balanced and that will create chemical reactions and fall outs of Alk and Calcium.

rgds claude

asmashling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, i was wrong. nothing comes into the 3rd Alk canister but in the mag canister. rotation in my mind

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Flow

It is very simple

2 Elements ( Trace B 1 + 2 Color and Metabolic ) comes in the CALCIUM CANISTER
1 Element ( Trace B 3 Health ) comes in the ALK canister +
NOTHING IN the MAG CONTAINER
each 25 ml

That mean with 1 Bottle of Trace B you can dose in 50 Liter Stocksolution which is enough for a normal 250 gallon tank for 2 years !

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

If your tanks need tons of alk it would be important to check your parameters. For the calcification and chemical stability in seawater are 4 different parameters very important , but not only each single parameter like CA/MG/ALK and Salinity ! No more important is the relationship between them.

If you need to much Alk then normaly the relationship between Calcium/Magnsium and alk is not well balanced and that will create chemical reactions and fall outs of Alk and Calcium.

rgds claude
For a while i was wondering why my tank was using more alk than usual. Even though my mag and calcium were in range my alk was getting used up like crazy. I brought the mag and calcium up to thr higher end of the range and my alk consumption went in half!

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

rgds claude
Hey Claude, is there a table or something to refer to when trying to find the "right" balance to prevent this fallout?
-Thanks

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI
Yes sure overall you can take the natural relationship of the parameters.
The right level are depending on the salinity low salinity can not stabilize high Ca/Alk Levels

rgds claude

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 110 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%

Back