Favia Guidance

  • Thread starter Thread starter DuesXX
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DuesXX

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
104
Reaction score
41
Location
Hickory, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to LPS. Are these favia looking the way they should be health wise? I’ve noticed some brown hanging on them at times and it blows right off but I’m a little unsure of myself.

IMG_1759.jpeg IMG_1760.jpeg IMG_1761.jpeg IMG_1762.jpeg IMG_1764.jpeg IMG_1763.jpeg
 
They seem okay to me, mostly based on the photo of the fascination favia. The brown is likely algae or diatoms. Just keep taking care of them until they regrow skinny were the brown was. :)
 
They seem okay to me, mostly based on the photo of the fascination favia. The brown is likely algae or diatoms. Just keep taking care of them until they regrow skinny were the brown was. :)
the brown could also be poop :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
 
They seem okay to me, mostly based on the photo of the fascination favia. The brown is likely algae or diatoms. Just keep taking care of them until they regrow skinny were the brown was. :)
Ok, thanks! I’m getting thrown by reading about the “flesh” on them but I can’t really see much that I would consider “flesh”. At least not like a acan or plate. That’s obvious.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new