Favorite fish foods

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like Krabby Joes Roe. I had never heard of it until my lfs got it. Imo it’s better than nutramar ova.

The only place I’ve seen it is Seascape studios in St. Louis. Can’t even get it online.

blueface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spirulina brine usually does the trick for most finicky fish. LRS Fish Frenzy has also been very effective.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to get to one food. It seems that Larry's chunky is the go to for my predator tank. The lion, puffer, eel, angler, tang, angel, and foxface all like it. I keep Nori on hand as well for the omnivores.

I still need to keep clams on hand to keep the puffers teeth worn down.

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get new fish eating live blackworms are your best bet.

As far as what I feed regularly;
LRS Reef, Fish, and Herbivore Frenzy
LRS Fish Eggs
Live baby brine (fresh)
Fresh clams
Selcon
Nutramar ova
PE Mysis
PE Mysis Pellet
Cyclop-eeze (original)
Calan-eeze
TDO Chroma Boost A - just starting using this stuff and the fish seem to like it
Masstick 72g mixed with almost everything listed above
Nori
and probably a few more that im forgetting

Last edited:

CanadianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
frozen all the way.... hikari spirulina brine and hikari mysis mix... soaked in a little selcon and occasionally some hikari krill in the mix. As my trigger grows bigger, I'll have to find something larger. I tried reef frenzy, but the next day, my naso started acting funny. It was an internal parasite. Likely coincidental, but now I'm a little shy about using the product again. At least my naso pulled through!! He's been eating normally for a few days now :D

TvanB1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
frozen all the way.... hikari spirulina brine and hikari mysis mix... soaked in a little selcon and occasionally some hikari krill in the mix. As my trigger grows bigger, I'll have to find something larger. I tried reef frenzy, but the next day, my naso started acting funny. It was an internal parasite. Likely coincidental, but now I'm a little shy about using the product again. At least my naso pulled through!! He's been eating normally for a few days now :D

I can guarantee that LRS didn’t give your naso intestinal parasites.
Do you quarantine?

TvanB1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Big time. He's been in the tank forever. No new adds recently... I thought perhaps the food may have thawed on it's way to the LFS or something...

I can assure you that the food didn’t contain parasites.
No worms can survive getting blended and frozen.
I have used LRS for over a year and a half with absolutely no issues and found that hikari (especially brine) was dirtier and less nutritious than LRS.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take reef frenzy, roe, and calanus and mix it all up into a single container and feed that daily with live black worms and NLS pellets. Adding the smaller food helps with anthias, and spraying some into a power head allows me to target feed my copperband away from my aggressive feeders :)

TonapahNorth

Reefed In
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cube worth of Reef frenzy, selcon, drops of garlic juice, reef nutrition R.O.E., cube of PE Calanus, Cube Of hikari brine, and some pellets (usually cobalt that I picked up as a freebie at MACNA) ..
Soak for a while

Everything has eaten that mix. Everything

srad750c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question?, why does everyone use black worms to feed SW fish? I’ve never used them in 30 yrs, always in FW. Just like I don’t feed predatory SW fish goldfish. Maybe I been lucky but the only finicky fish I’ve had has been moorish idols. Can someone enlighten me?

drblakjak55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dried plankton, San Fran Bay. Soaks up Selcon. Powdered stuff from the plankton I mix with Brightwell Microvore and saltwater to direct feed acans, Duncan’s, euphyllias, ricordias
Hi Kari sinking algae wafers. Fun to watch them pass them around
Home frozen clam shrimp scallop.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back