Favorite Reefing app?

Daniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another user of Aquarimate here - tried ReefTrace (which I liked as well), but I find myself using Aquarimate more. None of the apps are perfect, but this one is "good enough"!

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using Aquaticlog for a while now and really like it. I used a spreadsheet before, but I like the fact that I can put everything like testing, dosing, maintenance, timers, notepad, etc. into one app that I can access on multiple devices and it's with me whenever I need it (trips to the lfs). Oh and it's FREE!!!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Note for logs and Kasa for my Smart Strips.

PandorasChalk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Google Sheets with a folder in Google Drive for pictures, then link pictures of 'updates' to entries. On my freshwater tanks I get pictures of growth weekly, but on my saltwater tank it's every two weeks. Been neat for salt so far when I could see diatoms start popping up around the time my cycle was locked in, or when the charts show my nitrates start to drop when corals started to be added.

BiggestE22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your favorite app that you use to maintain your aquarium? Searching the App Store there seem to be a ton of apps for keeping aquariums but want to know if you use any of them?

I would love to find an app that could store my maintenance reminders, historical testing readings, and maybe be able to store images for tracking growth?
Mobius. Hanfjes lights power heads and submersible punks. Now I need to find the Ecotech Versa. Can never find in stock.

Attachments

• 0B576226-2D55-4A46-A660-509DEE0A25F9.png
    0B576226-2D55-4A46-A660-509DEE0A25F9.png
    601.7 KB · Views: 17

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for Aquarium Note. I really like that I can look at graphs of each parameter and see the trends over long periods of time. Plus I set reminders for all sorts of maintenance items and dosing. I've been using it for almost 3 years and have no complaints.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A long time ago my mom got me a 365 days of reefing log book when I first got started. Has pages laid out for notes, journal entries and parameters, dosing, lighting.. I have been getting them every year since.
@Arego had a similar or same book about 20 years ago. Before smart phones !!!

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarimate for me. Great way to track test result and it has built in timers. I actually downloaded a couple of similar apps and this one was the best.
@PapaPat had this app a few years ago but lost it when switching my email address. Can’t get a new account, tried getting ahold of them. Are they out of business?

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of people are using Aquarium Notes. This must be different than Aquarium Notes 2. The latter has a copyright of 2021 and only 2 reviews. Anyone?
I'm looking for an app too. Downloaded Aquarium Note, and it looks decent, but decided to also try Aquarium Note 2. I almost feel like the newer version is too "busy" for my liking... the original version is simpler. I plan to test a few out over the weekend, including both of these, and see which I like the best. (I also keep an actual aquarium log book AND an excel spreadsheet for my tank, but I like the idea of an app for setting reminders, etc and quickly looking things up or adding photos).

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PapaPat had this app a few years ago but lost it when switching my email address. Can’t get a new account, tried getting ahold of them. Are they out of business?
Nope I use the app every week. I actually downloaded a couple to try and found this to be the best one.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back