Favorite Tenuis in daylight

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it you are against the "daylight only crowd" lol. I am not in this category was just curious of people's favorites in this topic.
Not at all. I’m just trolling @Chaswood79. Historically, I’ve liked a 14k to 18k look with MH or T5. I’m presently running a Radion G5 Blue which is probably much bluer than 14k.

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCOP is superior to all Tenuis in white lighting, my opinion.
020E6F43-A580-416F-9484-0CD5817BF303.jpeg

My frag of TSA Rainbow Fusion is catching up, though
EE585F79-95C9-4E0E-9494-9D26DEE86121.jpeg

And WD always looks good in daylight
9C38798D-8A86-45D6-8628-B5E7B48F0F7E.jpeg

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was going to add Tyree Superman too, but @jda beat me to it. Most intense blue I've seen, better than OT and HOTO even in my tank. They are more of a dark blue, Superman is more of an intense almost glowing bright blue. Not knocking those other two at all, they are just a different shade.

Definitely agree with SCOP, Homewrecker, and a properly colored WD.

Couple others not mentioned are MattV Pacific Wave and CC Kombucha. They are probably the two slowest growing tenuis I've experienced, and seem similar in skeletal structure and polyp characteristics. They have a nice purplish blue to the tips I havent seen in others, kombucha is almost indigo.

I am a sucker for truly blue corals, and I have to say that the filtered tenuis photos online are such a massive disappointment. Very few of the "high end" tenuis seem to have any actual blue pigment in them when you see them in reality. I dont normally wear orange glasses and most of my tanks dont have any "blue" period.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to add Tyree Superman too, but @jda beat me to it. Most intense blue I've seen, better than OT and HOTO even in my tank. They are more of a dark blue, Superman is more of an intense almost glowing bright blue. Not knocking those other two at all, they are just a different shade.

Definitely agree with SCOP, Homewrecker, and a properly colored WD.

Couple others not mentioned are MattV Pacific Wave and CC Kombucha. They are probably the two slowest growing tenuis I've experienced, and seem similar in skeletal structure and polyp characteristics. They have a nice purplish blue to the tips I havent seen in others, kombucha is almost indigo.

I am a sucker for truly blue corals, and I have to say that the filtered tenuis photos online are such a massive disappointment. Very few of the "high end" tenuis seem to have any actual blue pigment in them when you see them in reality. I dont normally wear orange glasses and most of my tanks dont have any "blue" period.
I know its an old post, but holy crap you're not kidding with the superman tenuis being more blue. I got a chunky frag from Lazy Corals and man is it bright, almost hurts to stare at it. I am also a sucker for blues.

I also just got a JF Jolt and its a nice blue under full spectrum as well, much more of a soft baby blue.

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2982.png

This was from an older tenuis thread that I had saved in my phone. Posted by @conchreef. He had it under Reeflux 12k.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 76 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back