Feature Request for Gyre Flow Pumps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brew12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Have you been cleaning it regularly as they recommend? (Which with the old models is a pain) - it might need a little cleaning. My F280 was quiet and then got more noisy. So I replaced with the F350 - very impressed so far.

I have a single 280, and have just gotten used to hearing it at 60%+ (I have mine set to max out at 90%). It sounds like the 3rd generation is very quiet, haven’t seen one in person though. Do you miss the extra flow from the 280???
 
I have a single 280, and have just gotten used to hearing it at 60%+ (I have mine set to max out at 90%). It sounds like the 3rd generation is very quiet, haven’t seen one in person though. Do you miss the extra flow from the 280???
No - I actually think the flow of this one (at least in my tank) - maybe is the guards on the top - is stronger than the 280's. They are basically silent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new