FedEx Is Terrible Right Now!

Chipper1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is the second time in the past month that I have ordered corals with overnight shipping and it took FedEx multiple days for them to be delivered. Seems like they get stuck in Memphis (I am in PA).

For this most recent order, they were shipped on Monday and tracking says they will arrive today (Thursday). The order is a purple stylo and stag. What are the odds they are still alive when they arrive?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have officially stopped ordering from anywhere that uses FedEx. My last four LiveAquaria orders were 1-3 days late. Not only does the livestock normally show up dead, but I also have to take a day off from work to be home to accept the package that never shows up.

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I must be getting lucky. No issues with two shipments in the past month from CA and FL to IL.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine got through Memphis with light speed this time, only to stop at the depot 7 miles from my home and stay there all day today.

Eventually after fighting through their automated telephone system to speak to a human, I was told that they were sending a message to get the local staff to ring the driver to get him to prioritise my delivery. I don't really understand that though as the tracking is saying 'on vehicle for delivery' which usually means it has been loaded but not left yet - I don't think there is a driver!!

There's still time but I'm not holding out much hope. After the first Fedex disaster I vowed never to buy from anyone who uses them ever again, but I thought I'd give them one more chance. Not any more.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth, logistics companies are seeing volume higher than the holiday season just recently. Worth noting before purchasing livestock online. I believe FedEx, UPS and USPS all have removed guarantees and have warnings on their websites

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine got through Memphis with light speed this time, only to stop at the depot 7 miles from my home and stay there all day today.

Eventually after fighting through their automated telephone system to speak to a human, I was told that they were sending a message to get the local staff to ring the driver to get him to prioritise my delivery. I don't really understand that though as the tracking is saying 'on vehicle for delivery' which usually means it has been loaded but not left yet - I don't think there is a driver!!

There's still time but I'm not holding out much hope. After the first Fedex disaster I vowed never to buy from anyone who uses them ever again, but I thought I'd give them one more chance. Not any more.
I have had similar experience twice this year. It gets to my local hub - 7 miles from my house by 8am but then takes up to 8+ hours to get to my house if it gets to me that day. Wish I could pick up at the hub but not allowed right now.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over 5 hours late today! Absolute garbage. Lost a nice piece today In the heat.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also beginning to hate FedEx. I placed my first online order for corals and the company I bought them from has postponed all shipping due to some of their previous shipments being delayed. I am at least glad that my corals are safe waiting to be shipped. By the time I get the order I'll forget what I ordered and it'll be like a surprise gift from myself.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have been terrible since about October. Prices are up too, which makes it even worse - worse service for more money. They are still charging for 10:00 delivery. If they can not meet it, then be honest and charge me less. One reason that I am not selling anything right now... don't want to ship anything.

Intheflesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I had an order that was coming from two different liveaquaria warehouses.
One came on time, the other was stuck in Memphis for an extra day. Frustrating. In the end, I did have one fish that was beat up from transport and ultimately died. LA did credit my account no questions asked, but I would have preferred a replacement or straight up refund.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a package not too long ago that was delayed so long the water was 37.8 degrees F by the time it was actually delivered.....
Does not seem the FedEx and UPS care anymore....
1617934016039.png

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my past two orders with fedex were pretty solid. The first order had multiple DOA - I am pretty sure entirely liveaqurias fault although somone may have been rough with the package. Last one got delayed a few hours but I called and got it figured out so no big deal! - everything came in looking good with this order.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Whilst I am sure that the other couriers have their problems, I don't see universal complaints about the others like I do with FedEx, although maybe more vendors use FedEx and this skews the impression.

Given the choice I would like to be able to select a different courier, but often you don't get to choose. Presumably it's not cost-effective for most retailers to use 2 different couriers and maybe FedEx is cheaper, but with the amount of complaints I wish I could get my live goods shipped by anyone else.

It's bad so frequently that I actually arranged for my latest delivery on a Thursday (rather than Friday) to give me 2 chances to receive it before the weekend. I also tried to sign up to their enhanced tracking option today to find out where my parcel was, but to activate the account they have to send me a code through the mail - brilliant!

I'm really not too keen on ordering from anyone who ships by FedEx at the moment.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how many use https://shipyouraquatics.com/ Which I believe only uses and guarantees FEDEX.
I believe you're exactly right in my case. The company said their shipper recommended delaying shipments and I'm pretty confident shipyouraquatics.com is their shipper.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back