FedEx Is Terrible Right Now!

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd prefer an order of mine to be shipped with USPS instead of FedEx.
Yes it is the lesser of the two evils. They screw me too. Man why can’t Amazon sell coral! Somehow I always get those boxes in two days. Million dollar idea, and I hope Amazon steals it! So I can buy coral from them rofl.

Edit: @Amazon see if this works lol

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, FedEx has gone downhill. A year ago, I got coral from them before 10 am. Today my box didn’t come in till 5:30... everything came out fine but jeez. Shipped some coral out a couple weeks ago with overnight delays

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been able to trust FedEx since I've watched Cast Away... although having live fish shipped in that situation would have probably worked out alright, for the fish.

tom hanks GIF

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second time in the past month that I have ordered corals with overnight shipping and it took FedEx multiple days for them to be delivered. Seems like they get stuck in Memphis (I am in PA).

For this most recent order, they were shipped on Monday and tracking says they will arrive today (Thursday). The order is a purple stylo and stag. What are the odds they are still alive when they arrive?
FedEx is always a day late on any normal order. Their overnight stuff has gotten so much worse during COVID. My freshwater plants always show up several days late

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have to buy local. I sent some of my pottery out and paid for 3 days for usps w fragile. Took them 9 weeks and they broke it. Granted it’s not alive, but still would not even refund the money I paid for. They are keeping the money and take forever or when they feel the need to.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of me wants to be sympathetic and understand they are dealing with an unprecedented increase in volume other than brief spurts around holidays.

However the smarter half of me says they are getting more business/income and cant deliver as promised...yet wont refund shipping(not even asking for loss of livestock reimbursement). If they dont deliver as advertised then shipping fee should be refunded.

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of me wants to be sympathetic and understand they are dealing with an unprecedented increase in volume other than brief spurts around holidays.

However the smarter half of me says they are getting more business/income and cant deliver as promised...yet wont refund shipping(not even asking for loss of livestock reimbursement). If they dont deliver as advertised then shipping fee should be refunded.
I completely agree with you. If you pay for a service, and an expensive upgrade to the service, you had better receive it. I for one am sick of the excuses for COVID. Plenty of companies cannot use that excuse anymore. We have all had time to get accustomed to the changes and modify our jobs to adjust to the pandemic.

I will not be making any livestock purchases online due to the shipping companies not taking responsibility. This pandemic has actually pushed me to start shopping at my LFS’s once again.

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My CUC came from Reeftopia today via FedEx. No problems, the delivery went smoothly as scheduled.

JamieLyn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 deliveries this week. Both priority overnight. One was supposed to come Tuesday by 10:30am. Didn’t get there till Wednesday at 5pm. Was supposed to have another get here today by 10:30. Not here. We will see if we get it tomorrow. Both went through Memphis.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my first taste of long delay from FedEx. Biota shipped my pair of mandarins last week Tuesday and my package stayed in Indianapolis for a week. Well FedEx still delivered the stinking dead fish the other day.

I don’t know if Biota will change their shipping partner, because their sales manager in Florida mentioned they are meeting with UPS yesterday.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Obviously the problem is the bottle necks at the hubs.......they can't sort the packages fast enough and things get backed up.

I got a Live Aq order last week that was a day late. Most of the time was spent sitting at sorting stations. My package arrived the same day at 4pm at my local hub but the package would not be sorted out till the next day.

I talked to the girl at the desk when I picked up my order and they were only working a single day shift until a few days ago they were working to add another shift of employees. I find this disgusting as they have been making tons of $ over the last year since COVID and haven't spent any $ to upgrade or find ways to keep up.

I don't know if the main hubs like Mempis, Indy, ect are working 24/7 but if they aren't they should be. I understand they don't want to expand to size, space & equipment costs if this is only a spike in business that will go away over the months.

kingjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, FedEx has gone downhill. A year ago, I got coral from them before 10 am. Today my box didn’t come in till 5:30... everything came out fine but jeez. Shipped some coral out a couple weeks ago with overnight delays
Same in my area. I used to get live animals by ~10-11AM. Now, "priority overnight" apparently means 530-6PM.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same in my area. I used to get live animals by ~10-11AM. Now, "priority overnight" apparently means 530-6PM.

The unfortunate thing is the misrepresentation by FedEx on what Priority Overnight means. The before 1030 cut off always meant for business with residential before 1700. Just happened that more often than not their capacity was within the range that allowed them to get most customers before 1030. With this pandemic, stimulus checks and all the other crazy variables at play logistics companies are overwhelmed. If you’re shipping to residential I highly recommend holding for pickup at a sort facility.

kingjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unfortunate thing is the misrepresentation by FedEx on what Priority Overnight means. The before 1030 cut off always meant for business with residential before 1700. Just happened that more often than not their capacity was within the range that allowed them to get most customers before 1030. With this pandemic, stimulus checks and all the other crazy variables at play logistics companies are overwhelmed. If you’re shipping to residential I highly recommend holding for pickup at a sort facility.
Thanks, I'll likely end up doing that on future orders. Much better than missing a full day of work just to sit home checking my email every 5 minutes and cursing my head off.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'll likely end up doing that on future orders. Much better than missing a full day of work just to sit home checking my email every 5 minutes and cursing my head off.
Me too, I only live 10 minutes from a hub so everything got to me super quick. Guess I’ll just start driving to grab it

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx still sucks in a major way. It seems like they are incapable or delivering anything on time and as promised. So frustrating.

Reef keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m on 4 orders this month delayed. Like by 2 days, called an their response was well you received the item didn’t you?
fedex is the worst

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back