Fedex only offers afternoon shipment??

GregOyeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I created a shipping label with shipnex, i paid for overnight AM delivery, but when I look at the label, it says guaranteed by 4:30pm. not 10:30am.

I call their customer service and they said when that happens its because FedEx doesnt offer an AM delivery in that area.

Has anyone else ran into this? what did you do?

Ligershark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some areas also only have by 12:00PM. In general the person receiving the package should know this if they have ordered coral before and informed you but just let them know. If they want you can have the package held at the shipcenter for them to pick up. I wouldn't guarantee the corals unless picked up at a certain time at the facility.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess it depends on how far from the depot you are. If you're miles and a large number of stops away, theres no way they can get it to you in the morning.

OP
OP
GregOyeah

GregOyeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it is what it is.

Ive already contacted the buyer to see what they would like to do about it. I just wanted to see what other folks have done with this situation. Something thats fair for both sides

The high for the day is only 79 degrees according to accuweather, so that makes things easier if we do decide to ship. Just wondering what a general consensus usually is, no DOA guarantee, buyer beware? Like Ligershark said?

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard overnight is fine, I dont know why people are so hung up on morning delivery. Folks, if the corals are packed badly enough that an extra 2-4 hours in a truck is gonna kill them, FedEx is the least of the buyer's problems :) Properly packed corals can take 1-2 days in a box. A couple extra hours is nothing and certainly no reason to deny DOA guarantees.

To answer the OP question, yes its normal that some areas don't have morning delivery with FedEx.

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also - if the buyer picks up their package at the local FedEx station, a package shipped Standard Overnight will be in the buyer's hands *before* a package shipped Priority Overnight would arrive at their house.

Since I figured this out, I've picked up every FedEx delivery at the local station. As far as I can tell, Priority Overnight is just throwing away large amounts of money.

FacebookJail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either standard overnight is being selected or its a very rural area.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also - if the buyer picks up their package at the local FedEx station, a package shipped Standard Overnight will be in the buyer's hands *before* a package shipped Priority Overnight would arrive at their house.

Since I figured this out, I've picked up every FedEx delivery at the local station. As far as I can tell, Priority Overnight is just throwing away large amounts of money.

This is also the case with UPS. I am normally leaving UPS around 8:30 with my packages. Before any delivery trucks leave the facility.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back