Fedex Shipping help

h20cyclone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for anyone that has any input on dealing with a delayed shipment through Fedex? At this rate I'm assuming this is going to me a complete loss, but I am having a crazy time just trying to get ahold of anyone other then the obvious information about my shipment being delayed. Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully this is in the correct forum.

Pale Morning1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not believe there is anything that you can do. I beat my head against the wall arguing with multiple people about a lost FedEx shipment. I even went as far as contacting a buddy who is a pilot for them to help. Nothing seemed to make a difference.

OP
OP
h20cyclone

h20cyclone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully someone can give some good pointers. Personally i have never had any luck getting any useful help within a time period that matters. I would reach out to shipper asap they may have more contacts and be able to get some help easier than you.
Thank you, unfortunately that is pretty much what I had assumed. Thankfully they were just Peppermint shrimp this time, but it is still about the concept of advertising a service and not even coming close to that. I will reach out to the shipper maybe they will have a bit more luck! Thanks again!

OP
OP
h20cyclone

h20cyclone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not believe there is anything that you can do. I beat my head against the wall arguing with multiple people about a lost FedEx shipment. I even went as far as contacting a buddy who is a pilot for them to help. Nothing seemed to make a difference.
Bummer! Got the fingers crossed and shall see how this one plays out.

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's not much you can do. Anyone you call or speak to at a physical location will not have much more information than you already have access to via your tracking number. The only thing they might be able to do is clarify the shipping process and logistics chain (i.e. "if it was last in Memphis, it still needs to fly to RDU, be transferred to the regional sort facility, transferred to the local express facility, loaded onto a delivery truck and then delivered to you). This can give you an idea of when you might be able to expect it, but they can't really speed it up and intercepting it is borderline impossible (don't try via the website if the shipment is already in progress as it will only delay the shipping further).

FWIW, if you live anywhere near an airport with a FedEx freight hub (like RDU), they usually have a ship center on-site. If you want to minimize delayed shipping risk, have it shipped to the airport hub. It eliminates several transfer steps (airport > regional sort facility > local warehouse > delivery by truck - all of which are potential delay points) since it basically gets pulled directly from the plane. I'm within walking distance to our airport hub and I can almost always get my FedEx overnight packages by 9am the following day, even when they're "experiencing delays." As long as the plane makes it in, you'll get it.

If it's just an extra day, there's a chance your shrimp might make it (though hopefully the package isn't in too hot a spot). Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
h20cyclone

h20cyclone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's not much you can do. Anyone you call or speak to at a physical location will not have much more information than you already have access to via your tracking number. The only thing they might be able to do is clarify the shipping process and logistics chain (i.e. "if it was last in Memphis, it still needs to fly to RDU, be transferred to the regional sort facility, transferred to the local express facility, loaded onto a delivery truck and then delivered to you). This can give you an idea of when you might be able to expect it, but they can't really speed it up and intercepting it is borderline impossible (don't try via the website if the shipment is already in progress as it will only delay the shipping further).

FWIW, if you live anywhere near an airport with a FedEx freight hub (like RDU), they usually have a ship center on-site. If you want to minimize delayed shipping risk, have it shipped to the airport hub. It eliminates several transfer steps (airport > regional sort facility > local warehouse > delivery by truck - all of which are potential delay points) since it basically gets pulled directly from the plane. I'm within walking distance to our airport hub and I can almost always get my FedEx overnight packages by 9am the following day, even when they're "experiencing delays." As long as the plane makes it in, you'll get it.

If it's just an extra day, there's a chance your shrimp might make it (though hopefully the package isn't in too hot a spot). Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the info! Luckily it is currently at the distribution center just down the way from the airport here in Portland. Sadly the distribution center is the one holding up the shipment. I don't mind Fedex for most things shipping-wise, but this Portland factility with anything Next-Day is always at a minimum a day late. Thankfully everything so far has made it surprisingly. Will keep posted on how this one plays out.

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much can be done, I’ve had issues and it’s just a runaround trying to resolve on the phone. No one offers help.
I did get someone from Ups to help one time and they gave the driver my number and he called me and I met up with him on his route. It wasn’t ups fault but the shipper has the incorrect address.

OP
OP
h20cyclone

h20cyclone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much can be done, I’ve had issues and it’s just a runaround trying to resolve on the phone. No one offers help.
I did get someone from Ups to help one time and they gave the driver my number and he called me and I met up with him on his route. It wasn’t ups fault but the shipper has the incorrect address.
At least UPS sounds like they got you taken care of which is good! Usually if I'm doing a private sale of coral I'll generally ask for them to go UPS just since I've never had any issues with their services.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back