Feedback on Antheas for 100G

daybreaksky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got and setup my IM 100 on thanksgiving. Currently have 2 baby clowns, 1 orange spot goby / pistol shrimp pair, and a striped fang blenny. all doing great.

I want to add some more active peaceful fish like antheas next. want to hear some first hand experiences and how many would be acceptable.
Starting to plan future additions as I plan to do a full 72 day QT for all fish coming in as I did for the existing ones.

PXL_20201130_215547339.jpg

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got and setup my IM 100 on thanksgiving. Currently have 2 baby clowns, 1 orange spot goby / pistol shrimp pair, and a striped fang blenny. all doing great.

I want to add some more active peaceful fish like antheas next. want to hear some first hand experiences and how many would be acceptable.
Starting to plan future additions as I plan to do a full 72 day QT for all fish coming in as I did for the existing ones.

PXL_20201130_215547339.jpg
What’s acceptable depends on what you want. You can get a small group of resplendents, Randall’s, or sunsets; but if you want Bartlett or lyretail anthias I would only get 1 or 2. Any anthias species larger than 5 inches I would avoid in pairs or multiples. Do you have any species in mind that you like?

OP
OP
daybreaksky

daybreaksky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s acceptable depends on what you want. You can get a small group of resplendents, Randall’s, or sunsets; but if you want Bartlett or lyretail anthias I would only get 1 or 2. Any anthias species larger than 5 inches I would avoid in pairs or multiples. Do you have any species in mind that you like?
Something for mid water column so lyretail or resplendent was my goal. Something that I can keep multiple but not necessarily schooling. Was also thinking 1-2 chromis down the road for color contrast and some sort of tank and I should be set for a while

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back