Feeding DOS off split tee from RO?

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to supply a DOS with one RO/DI line from my ATO reservoir. Using the DOS to provide ATO and feed thru a kalk stirrer. My concern is with setting up this way will the DOS pull the path of least resistance and reverse flow thru my kalk stirrer to feed the ATO demand?

Any input appreciated.
DOS.png

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to supply a DOS with one RO/DI line from my ATO reservoir. Using the DOS to provide ATO and feed thru a kalk stirrer. My concern is with setting up this way will the DOS pull the path of least resistance and reverse flow thru my kalk stirrer to feed the ATO demand?

Any input appreciated.
DOS.png
I understand your concern, and I suppose it is possible - you could eliminate this issue by adding check valves:

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Any input appreciated.
DOS.png
You are using both heads of the dos, correct? one for kalk and one for ato? No splitting the output of one head?

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are using both heads of the dos, correct? one for kalk and one for ato? No splitting the output of one head?
Correct. Splitting the Feed line before the Dos and output of one head to the Kalk reactor and the other to the ATO.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Then yes+1 to check valves. My understanding is the DOS does not always stop in a way that perfectly closes the lines so when one runs and the other is idle, you’d potentially pull some of the other out. You’ll need two check valves one on each input after the tee.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then yes+1 to check valves. My understanding is the DOS does not always stop in a way that perfectly closes the lines so when one runs and the other is idle, you’d potentially pull some of the other out. You’ll need two check valves one on each input after the tee.
Appreciate it. Going to set it up that way and see how it does.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back