Feeding my Kole Tang

  • Thread starter Thread starter SnoQ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SnoQ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2012
Messages
462
Reaction score
54
Location
Seattle WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a Kole Tang to my tank and have been leaving seaweed on a clip every morning, but I'm not sure if I'm leaving enough. Any suggestions on how much I should feed?

Thanks!
 
I just feed mine with the rest of the tank. A cubes worth of rods food. He then pecks the rest of the day along the reef.
 
I tried to get my Kole to eat from the veggie clip for months... ended up just feeding him with the rest of the tank, making sure the food had algae in it (spirulina enriched).

I've recently added a juvenile blonde Naso and a small Yellow tang - they knew what the clip was for, and now the Kole does too.. all three of them tear into the seaweed like they're starving (they're not). Monkey see, monkey do applies to fish I guess.

As for how much, with three little tangs I give them a .5" x 2" strip folded tightly as often as they polish off the prior strip. Sometimes that's 8 times a day!
 
Thanks everyone. This one definitely knows what the veggie clips are for and wipes out the seaweed pretty quickly. I don't mind feeding more, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be a problem.
 
If he goes through what you leave out for him then put more. They go through a lot
 
I'm putting out 2 pieces that are about 2 inches wide and 4 inches long and with some help from the other fish, it's gone by evening feeding time. I'm going to keep a close eye on the Tang to make sure it doesn't start looking skinny.
 
Yup, just the one tang.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new