OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is simply awesome. I was looking into this thread as I have tried keeping these tiny fish years ago with no success so I just crossed them off my list. Seeing the feeding response from the fish in the video is encouraging to say the least and I will certainly give these little guys another shot as my wife really likes them too.

Unfortunately I think I lost him while on vacation :( was only gone for 4 days. My fiancés parents stayed at the house and I only had them add some ROE on the second day. chaeto was still in tank as well. I haven't seen him since we've been back a full week now. No trace of him and no ammonia or nitrate spikes either.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major bummer and sorry to hear. I would suspect the already undernourished condition and a few days absent to be the most likely cause, just too much stress for the poor little guy.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major bummer and sorry to hear. I would suspect the already undernourished condition and a few days absent to be the most likely cause, just too much stress for the poor little guy.

Thanks... just a bit late, but I have pods EVERYWHERE in the tank now. All over the glass.

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Nikon out today... got a few shots of the little guy. A few of him sifting sand

DSC_0669.jpg

DSC_0675.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg
Beautiful shots and a fantastic specimen!

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Nikon out today... got a few shots of the little guy. A few of him sifting sand

DSC_0669.jpg

DSC_0675.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg
OK, I know this is old but I have to dig this up. I have been researching this fish and its feeding requirements for the last few days or so, and these are hands down the best photos of this fish I've seen. I'm not a photog, and don't typically get all excited for pics, but dang! These are some fantastic shots. I assume you're a professional, and if not I'd say you're taking professional level pics. Great job and thank you for posting!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back