Feeding Rainford Goby!?

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new NUVO 10g that's been running for about a month and a half. I added a few hermits and a snail first a few weeks ago. Everything was stable and looking good, so I went to the LFS looking for a tailspot blenny. I left with a Rainford Goby as the guys there said they were great in a nano, and even after my quick google search on the Rainford, it seemed like a cool little fish for the tank.

Well, I got it home and in the tank. Beautiful fish. So I did some more research, and kept seeing they're so difficult to feed. I've tried all the food I have and I've never seen him eat. It's been about a week now and I don't want him to starve. There's no way I'm catching that little guy, plus I don't want to add any stress to what our fish already go through.

My question is, are "AlgaGen ReefPods Tisbe Live Aquacultured Copepods" a possible solution if I keep supplementing??

Here's the little guy in his house.
IMG_3162.JPG

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely get some LRS reef frenzy. I have one in a 13.5 evo and he is a little porker. He relishes the fish and clams and also the broccoli and algae. He has easily doubled in size and girth since February.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely get some LRS reef frenzy. I have one in a 13.5 evo and he is a little porker. He relishes the fish and clams and also the broccoli and algae. He has easily doubled in size and girth since February.

Sweet. After researching I see this stuff is difficult to get now! Just used larrys page's store locator, and my LFS 2 miles away carries it. Might go check it out as I'm seeing many people say they haven't had a fish reject the stuff.

Anybody else here had success feeding it to finicky fish?? This would be great if it works for my little guy.

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Frenzy was my savior for an anthias in QT that would not eat.

Only thing I would add is that if you can, get the nano reef frenzy. If not, chop it up fine! It is rather chunky for a small fish (like an anthias or Rainsford goby) but just dropping it in the water is like ringing a bell.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most picky fish eat fish eggs. Rainsford gobies also eat algae.

I've got Reef Nutrition ROE and he doesn't seem to flinch at them flowing in front of his face. Unfortunately my tanks algae is almost non existent at this point.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got Reef Nutrition ROE and he doesn't seem to flinch at them flowing in front of his face. Unfortunately my tanks algae is almost non existent at this point.

Do you happen to have a bottle of Oyster-Feast? Some people will soak their food in Oyster-Feast because of the high levels of amino acids and lipids in the product. I'm sorry to hear that your fish is not eating our R.O.E. or anything else for that matter. I will ask around and see what people say. LRS Fertility Frenzy is another valid option if all else fails.

Chad

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to have a bottle of Oyster-Feast? Some people will soak their food in Oyster-Feast because of the high levels of amino acids and lipids in the product. I'm sorry to hear that your fish is not eating our R.O.E. or anything else for that matter. I will ask around and see what people say. LRS Fertility Frenzy is another valid option if all else fails.

Chad

Thanks Chad! As I think you've seen, my diamond Goby loves the ROE as does every other inhabitant in my tanks.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam if you are able to find LRS you may wish to shave off slivers of food while the sheet is still frozen for the smaller fish. We strive to make the particle sizes appropriate for most common fish sold in the hobby but for smaller fish you can shave, mince or chop it finer. Good luck and if I can be of any help don't hesitate to contact me.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Chad! As I think you've seen, my diamond Goby loves the ROE as does every other inhabitant in my tanks.

I remember! I'm glad you didn't buy a bottle of R.O.E. for nothing. :) Thanks for reminding me Adam. I hope that you get that Rainford eating!

ReeferMadnessfragandco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new NUVO 10g that's been running for about a month and a half. I added a few hermits and a snail first a few weeks ago. Everything was stable and looking good, so I went to the LFS looking for a tailspot blenny. I left with a Rainford Goby as the guys there said they were great in a nano, and even after my quick google search on the Rainford, it seemed like a cool little fish for the tank.

Well, I got it home and in the tank. Beautiful fish. So I did some more research, and kept seeing they're so difficult to feed. I've tried all the food I have and I've never seen him eat. It's been about a week now and I don't want him to starve. There's no way I'm catching that little guy, plus I don't want to add any stress to what our fish already go through.

My question is, are "AlgaGen ReefPods Tisbe Live Aquacultured Copepods" a possible solution if I keep supplementing??

Here's the little guy in his house.
IMG_3162.JPG
If he isn't eating brine I'd try ROE! Or daphnia

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really beautiful! I take it he is eating well.

Every time I drop some LRS Reef Frenzy in the tank he pops right out. I don't see him attacking the food as it's floating around, but he picks all over the rock and sand after it's all settled.

I'm afraid to use this stuff in my 29g as there may be a battle royale with all the characters in there.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm going to add this food asap. ( Nano version) you think they have a lite version so I can Target feed Jenny Craig? Just kidding.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm going to add this food asap. ( Nano version) you think they have a lite version so I can Target feed Jenny Craig? Just kidding.
I ate crab sushi for dinner and reminded him that's what happens to crabs that keep knocking over coral frags:)

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is simply awesome. I was looking into this thread as I have tried keeping these tiny fish years ago with no success so I just crossed them off my list. Seeing the feeding response from the fish in the video is encouraging to say the least and I will certainly give these little guys another shot as my wife really likes them too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back