Feeding Sebae anemone and lighting

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wounding if feeding my Sebae every day a little peace of raw shrimp would be a bad idea I wanting it to grow fast and take up the tank and I have one ai prime 16hd on my 32biocube running brs ab+ setting if I have the light like 6-8” off the waterline the nem is bunched up looking full if I move it up to like 12” it opens up super wide which would be best for the nem I’m wanting the tenticals to extend our long

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wounding if feeding my Sebae every day a little peace of raw shrimp would be a bad idea I wanting it to grow fast and take up the tank and I have one ai prime 16hd on my 32biocube running brs ab+ setting if I have the light like 6-8” off the waterline the nem is bunched up looking full if I move it up to like 12” it opens up super wide which would be best for the nem I’m wanting the tenticals to extend our long
Yes, that’s a bad idea. Once or twice a week is plenty. Eating can be stressful on an anemone, it should get most of its energy from lighting. I rarely direct feed anemones, they just eat whatever fish food they happen to catch.

Typically you get better spread and blend with the light at least 12” above the water.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Seabae several years ago. Was about 5” in ida. When I first got it, within a couple years it had more than doubled in size. I only feed it once, maybe twice a week. Please do not over feed it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back