Feeling Bad about Fish in Acclimation Box

ericwithac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two lightning maroon clowns and put one of them in a small acclimation box my LFS leant me when they started to fight. I feel bad that hes in thag little box. Should I get a bigger one? How long should I keep him in there? Will it stress him out?

The current box (one I borrowed from the LFS) is about 4 wide by 3 deep by 4 high.

Thanks!

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He only needs to be in there until (if) the other maroon loses interest in it and stops showing signs of aggression. You'll probably be able to tell inna few days to a week whether they will work out as a pair.

That being said, as long as it's a small-medium clown it's fine and is keeping it safe for now. So I wouldn't feel bad about it at all.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could only imagine I have a small Melanurus in my sump and it’s drivin me insane I feel so bad for the lil guy no one wants to buy him might just give him away I feel like such a bad person

OP
OP
E

ericwithac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here he is.
FDA08-AB1-CBD4-4-A96-A202-7-D331-ABBF493.jpg

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Maroons are known to be pretty aggressive. Any advantage you can give the smaller one will work in your favor. Let it settle amd start eating well. Also like stated above, maybe give him a chance to attempt to pair up without physical damage.

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did the fighting look like? If there was lip locking, that isnt the best. If one was chasing the other, that is normal. The one being chased will also shiver with its head down, showing its submission to the other one.

OP
OP
E

ericwithac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did the fighting look like? If there was lip locking, that isnt the best. If one was chasing the other, that is normal. The one being chased will also shiver with its head down, showing its submission to the other one.
There was everything including lip locking. Im just concerned about putting the bigger one in there. Won’t it stress him out? Maybe I’m worrying for nothing.

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big one will not be happy. It might also be best to move the bigger one to a QT tank overnight.

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, it would be best to remove the bigger one from its "territory." Luckily, there is a size difference. Most of the problems happen when they are the same size.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back