OP
OP
E

ericwithac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, it would be best to remove the bigger one from its "territory." Luckily, there is a size difference. Most of the problems happen when they are the same size.
So what should I do. Both of them are in a QT tank with the smaller one in the Acclimation box in the QT tank...

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I would put the larger one in the acclimation box overnight and try to introduce them tomorrow. If that doesn't work, try it again on Monday.

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns, especially maroons can be mean. My female will still show the male who is boss by acting a little aggressive towards him at times. He just quivers at her and she stops. There is a massive size difference between the two though.

OP
OP
E

ericwithac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns, especially maroons can be mean. My female will still show the male who is boss by acting a little aggressive towards him at times. He just quivers at her and she stops. There is a massive size difference between the two though.
Problem is I go to work tomorrow for 4 days (im a pilot) and don’t want to leave my fiance with issues...

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you partition the tank some how? perhaps egg crate cut to size & wedged . then the little guy has more room & still safe from the bigger fish.

OP
OP
E

ericwithac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No milk crates but I had some acrylic!!!

F9D93CE4-1D87-485B-8E70-55204D6B86AF.jpeg

Rivus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a replacement clown which was a bit larger than the one in the tank. In no time she pinned the original in the corner and was extremely aggressive, the poor guy was trying to jump out of the tank. I put her in the "penalty box" (floating container) for about a half hour. No issues once she was released and now they are a bonded pair.
As a retired pilot I remember all to well those 4 day trips, now I'm quite happy avoiding airports.

wiselyy73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t “add” one at a time. Remove both of them into separate contains for few hours then add both of them in the DT at the SAME time. If a small tank move around the rocks too so the older one would not remembered its territory. That worked for me whenever I need to add one.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 50 44.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back