OP
andrewkw

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this post is not allowed please delete it. I am only going to post about this once and not bump it. I have started a gofundme for the mom, Sweetie Sr.

https://www.gofundme.com/sweetie-sr-feral-spay

The estimate to get her spayed is just under $300 since she's had so many babies and there is no SPCA ect here. Worst case we will cover what isn't covered through donations. Feeding so many cats is expensive enough. She is not our cat, more like a family friend. The total I'm trying to raise is $500 to cover any overages and if there is any money left it can go to other medical care or food for cats that do not belong to us or a donation.

As for the babies they are now 8 weeks old. Unfortunately one did pass away 3 days after being born, but the other 3 are all doing great. We have found a home for one and the other 2 we are currently looking for homes for. Sweetie Sr will be spayed once the babies find homes and we will let her recover inside after that it's up to her. Maybe she will become an inside / outside cat. Maybe we will never see her again, or maybe just maybe she will get used to being inside and we can adopt her too. We really don't know how old she is. What we do know is we've brought 17 kittens into our home over the past 2 years.

Sweetie Sr. and Sweetie #4 today

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG
We were calling her Leela after Leela from Futurama but her forever name will most likely be Laverne. She will be going to her forever home in about a week.

IMG_0736.JPG

This guy we are calling Fry. Given how energetic he is, we should have no problem finding him a home.

Before I met my wife I never even considered having a cat, before we moved here I never thought we'd have more then the 2 cats she brought with her when she moved in with me. There are still 7 inside today, AND there is a new feral female (i think) hanging out, outside with Salem (the father of all the cats). We've been calling her Meanie, shes orange and white just like all the Sweeties. As much as I will miss having kittens 3 cats is more then enough. I said this about 2 but we had to keep one of Sweeties babies (Sweetie #3 see above).

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back