• tmp001(1).gif
    tmp001(1).gif
    496.3 KB · Views: 125

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don't have any specific coral in mind, but I'm most interested to see what the pricing looks like. Fiji used to be much cheaper than Indo and Aussie corals.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any specific coral in mind, but I'm most interested to see what the pricing looks like. Fiji used to be much cheaper than Indo and Aussie corals.
Pricing will be through the roof I think! It’s gonna reflect the market which is outrageous and it’s new stuff for most of today’s reefers as they come and go so fast!

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Pricing will be through the roof I think! It’s gonna reflect the market which is outrageous and it’s new stuff for most of today’s reefers as they come and go so fast!
I had a buddy send me a couple screen shots just now from a wholesaler that has fiji corals already. Pricing didn't look to terrible. Acros were a bit expensive, as well as the yellow leathers. Zoas, and basically everything else were priced well, IMO.

What was surprising was that there weren't many yellow leathers available (less than 10). I'm not sure if that's because they (Walt Smith & state side wholesalers) are wanting to artificially keep the prices inflated or because they've simply already nearly sold out. Could be either one, I think.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had a buddy send me a couple screen shots just now from a wholesaler that has fiji corals already. Pricing didn't look to terrible. Acros were a bit expensive, as well as the yellow leathers. Zoas, and basically everything else were priced well, IMO.
i think the market will cater to the more "desired" corals, like the leathers/acros. everything else as you indicated may be priced similarly to what's already out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back