Fiji cube AIO drop in

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wonderin for the fiji cube aio drop in filter how long would I need to wait on the silicone since its not like resealing a tank? Also should I seal the entire thing or just the front base and leave the gaps?

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• AIO_75_Gen_3_2_800x.png
    AIO_75_Gen_3_2_800x.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 207

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wonderin for the fiji cube aio drop in filter how long would I need to wait on the silicone since its not like resealing a tank? Also should I seal the entire thing or just the front base and leave the gaps?
Seal the whole thing-- the baffle system won't work properly if it isn't water tight.

I'd give it a couple of days to cure. Maybe over kill, but better than taking half measures.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seal the whole thing-- the baffle system won't work properly if it isn't water tight.

I'd give it a couple of days to cure. Maybe over kill, but better than taking half measures.
It doesnt sit fully against the back is the issue, puts it at an angle. Unless you mean get it as close as possible and seal all 4 sides of the bottom flat and close to side as able

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt sit fully against the back is the issue, puts it at an angle. Unless you mean get it as close as possible and seal all 4 sides of the bottom flat and close to side as able
I've not used this specific kit, but I have built AIO tanks from scratch before. My experience has been that the insert needs to be sealed on all sides, and baffles need to be sealed in place. If not, water will leak in around the edges and compromise the overflow, or leak past the baffles and compromise the water flow behind the AIO insert. Not completely the end of the world, but why not do it right, ya know? I would just use enough sealant to make everything water tight. Maybe others who have used this particular kit can chime in.

Matty Ice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the Fiji system is completely sealed. No need to silicone it in a tank only for looks or if you're not using the brackets or magnets to keep it in place. If you're asking how long to leave silicone dry I would go with whatever the label says on the silicone tube. My guess would be 24-48 hours.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the Fiji system is completely sealed. No need to silicone it in a tank only for looks or if you're not using the brackets or magnets to keep it in place. If you're asking how long to leave silicone dry I would go with whatever the label says on the silicone tube. My guess would be 24-48 hours.
Wish the brackets worked, hey sent me the wrong size then said its meant to be siliconed in -_-

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah in that case, ignore everything I said!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did one of these for my 29g tank. Here's my steps. I didn't take pics along the way because I had to bribe my toddler with learning apps so I could sneak away to work on my tank, lol.

Mine sat flush on the back wall and the bottom of the tank when I was dry fitting. I first layed the tank down with the back wall on the bottom. I measured to center it and then ran tape guide lines on the tank walls and bottom with a 1/4" gap aground the insert. I then removed the insert and applied a bead of silicone around the entire edge of the bottom and back wall, basically just inside my guide tape line. I wanted mine to be water tight so no water got behind it. I basically drew 2 rectangles with silicone then connected them in the corner seam between back wall and floor. Then I placed the insert in and weighed it down. Minimal silicone squeezed out. I let this dry for a day then carefully cut away excess. I then applied a bread around the entire edge where the acrylic met glass and smoothed out with my finger. I then removed my tape and this left me with a perfect edge. I then let dry for a week. If you can still smell vinegar then it needs to dry longer. I water tested for a well or so I'm my garage so I could see the back and verify that I got water tight seal. It's now set up and looking nice in my house.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture from the back view. You can see my silicone, I used black. And from the front it has a nice clean edge like what the corners of the tank look like. Basically just to keep sand and debris out.

Attachments

• 20220419_130838.jpg
    20220419_130838.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 196

SilvermistInc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the directions on your silicone tube to see how long it takes to cure. Anything beyond what the label says is paranoia.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture from the back view. You can see my silicone, I used black. And from the front it has a nice clean edge like what the corners of the tank look like. Basically just to keep sand and debris out.
I was debating going the center of the tank but feels like i lose space that way lol. Currently it sits like this, but it 100% is not flush against that side due to the edge silicone. Will be draining for the silicone and remove sand.

Attachments

• 20220426_222918.jpg
    20220426_222918.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 206

shermoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased one of these for 50 gallon breeder. I haven't purchased my tank yet because I'm hoping it will go on sale at petco next month.
According to the measurements from the filter and the interior of the 40 breeder I looks like there is almost a 1" difference in size. I thought that was a bit extreme. Directions say to fill those gaps in with silicone, BUT THATS A LOT OF SILICONE!
What's your experience with it friend? Was there a large gap between the aio insert and the glass of the tank?

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased one of these for 50 gallon breeder. I haven't purchased my tank yet because I'm hoping it will go on sale at petco next month.
According to the measurements from the filter and the interior of the 40 breeder I looks like there is almost a 1" difference in size. I thought that was a bit extreme. Directions say to fill those gaps in with silicone, BUT THATS A LOT OF SILICONE!
What's your experience with it friend? Was there a large gap between the aio insert and the glass of the tank?
In my situation it sat flush. I didn't have any gaps to fill. I certainly wouldn't trust a 1" silicone glob to stay put for long.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the time to do this but what position should i go with for the insert? A or B? Also have an internal protein skimmer to put in this, measures about 3.5x3.5
29gallon btw
20220430_234744.jpg

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back