Fiji cube AIO drop in

cww180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Finally got the time to do this but what position should i go with for the insert? A or B? Also have an internal protein skimmer to put in this, measures about 3.5x3.5
29gallon btw
20220430_234744.jpg
Go with the peninsula.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with the peninsula.
Cant get it fully pressed against the back so leaves a small gap, think thatll be an issue? Or should I cut silicone globs on the top to push further back?

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did mine in the center, I have the 29g as well. But for my location the peninsula style would have been harder to maintain. The globs of extra silicone in the top corners can certainly be trimmed, I trimmed my corners, but just be careful with your razor blade because it's an awkward angle you need to get in to get those upper corners.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did mine in the center, I have the 29g as well. But for my location the peninsula style would have been harder to maintain. The globs of extra silicone in the top corners can certainly be trimmed, I trimmed my corners, but just be careful with your razor blade because it's an awkward angle you need to get in to get those upper corners.
How did you position the returns? I feel it kinda takes some space in the center and leaves the returns a bit close to the front of the tank

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that having the box in the middle was a bit of a challenge, but I moved each return to the side as much as possible to get to the corners. I plan on upgrading to the random flow nozzles soon to hopefully increase my spread of the flow.
I added an additional flow pump and have it pointed so that both 'streams' hit each other and that created good random flow everywhere. I currently have only the return pump on though as I'm letting a new bta settle before I turn the others back on.

Attachments

• 20220501_073910.jpg
    20220501_073910.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220501_073916.jpg
    20220501_073916.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 71

jmeds2092

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased one of these for 50 gallon breeder. I haven't purchased my tank yet because I'm hoping it will go on sale at petco next month.
According to the measurements from the filter and the interior of the 40 breeder I looks like there is almost a 1" difference in size. I thought that was a bit extreme. Directions say to fill those gaps in with silicone, BUT THATS A LOT OF SILICONE!
What's your experience with it friend? Was there a large gap between the aio insert and the glass of the tank?
If you’re still on the fence about this don’t be mine sat mostly flush on the back of my tank and a nice thick bead of silicone working so far. Didn’t even use half a tube…. Also for anyone wondering for skimmers on these a little finagling and using the hang on back bracket for the Ice Cap K1-50 i got it to work almost perfectly.

Cranstons12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about getting one of these for my 40g. Would i absolutely have to glue it in place or could i use magnets? Also since my tanks been up and running for a year would i have to drain all the water and take everything out if i dont have to glue it?

shermoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose you could possibly use magnets but not sure if I would trust it not moving around on you. Is it possible for you to use some hang on back filters?

Cranstons12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose you could possibly use magnets but not sure if I would trust it not moving around on you. Is it possible for you to use some hang on back filters?
I have a tidal 75 in mine rn. Keep seeing the aio and was curious about it.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back