Fiji Foxface is lounging

79chopperdr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2013
Messages
72
Reaction score
44
Location
Carmichael, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this Fiji Foxface. Over the last couple weeks he’s started laying in this one patch of zoas, no where else.

When I approach the tank he gets up and swims around, during feeds he gets up and swims around and eats with the rest of the hoard. Then back to the same patch after feeding or when I walk away.

any ideas? I posted a video. It’s not ick on his body, looks like some patch of micro bubbles. I assume from laying on the zoas. They aren’t happy with him.

https://youtube.com/shorts/tgLSa_udd7A?feature=share
 
So I have this Fiji Foxface. Over the last couple weeks he’s started laying in this one patch of zoas, no where else.

When I approach the tank he gets up and swims around, during feeds he gets up and swims around and eats with the rest of the hoard. Then back to the same patch after feeding or when I walk away.

any ideas? I posted a video. It’s not ick on his body, looks like some patch of micro bubbles. I assume from laying on the zoas. They aren’t happy with him.

https://youtube.com/shorts/tgLSa_udd7A?feature=share
That to me looks like a swim bladder issue or spinal injury, I’d wait for a proper identification though.
After watching the whole video, he seems to be swimming quite a bit so it may just be his natural behaviour since these guys more perch in some spot of the tank than swim then Eat and repeat
 
Last edited:
Seems to be making a simple job of swimming, very difficult. Not seen that before. Apologies for being absolutely no help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new