Fijicube Shallow Tanks

  • Thread starter Thread starter frydaddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

frydaddy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2014
Messages
285
Reaction score
216
Location
MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debating on getting a Fijicube Shallow 95 gallon. For those that have a fijicube shallow, where's the water level at? Some of the pics I've seen the water level looks down around 14", I was hoping it was around the 15" mark.
 
I would stay far away from FijiCube. They are not a reputable company, and they do not build a quality product. There are numerous complaints on this forum and across the internet about them. For starters see my build thread, and @JC Reef also had issues, both across multiple tanks.
 
I have a 95, the water level is around 14’. I’m using it for a frag tank so I don’t care. If it was a display I think 15” would be optimal. You could put longer pipes in the bean overflow to raise it up easily.

IMG_8262.jpeg
 
Isn’t the over flow box pretty low on the back though?

If I go with Fijicube, I’ll be picking it up in person, so will be able to look it over.

I saw the thread by @vividwrasse . One of the photos looks just like seams I’ve seen on Waterbox aquariums, including one of my own waterboxes. I got the same response from Waterbox that you got from Fijicube.

Waterbox has a tank I want, but you can’t buy just the tank and I don’t link their stands or sumps.
 
Isn’t the over flow box pretty low on the back though?

If I go with Fijicube, I’ll be picking it up in person, so will be able to look it over.

I saw the thread by @vividwrasse . One of the photos looks just like seams I’ve seen on Waterbox aquariums, including one of my own waterboxes. I got the same response from Waterbox that you got from Fijicube.

Waterbox has a tank I want, but you can’t buy just the tank and I don’t link their stands or sumps.

Might be a little low now that i look at it closer. You would have to glue a piece of acrylic strip on the inner overflow box teeth to raise the level.
 
Isn’t the over flow box pretty low on the back though?

If I go with Fijicube, I’ll be picking it up in person, so will be able to look it over.

I saw the thread by @vividwrasse . One of the photos looks just like seams I’ve seen on Waterbox aquariums, including one of my own waterboxes. I got the same response from Waterbox that you got from Fijicube.

Waterbox has a tank I want, but you can’t buy just the tank and I don’t link their stands or sumps.
I mean, I would not accept that response from Waterbox either. I am not going to take the risk of $10s of thousands of damage to my home and thousands of dollars in lost livestock all because I company has poor QA.

Poor seams aside, I’d also like to everyone to be aware that the first tank FijiCube sent me was cracked, and yet I had to pay freight charges to receive a replacement.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new