File fish mouth injury?

amygetsalife

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Messages
136
Reaction score
283
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 20260315_130043_7D279328-7C08-4497-84D1-2C878753D09C.mov
This is Poe, my aptasia (not) eating file fish. I observed him eat a small bristle worm about 10 days ago. Now he has this bloated snout. He's active and eating, though his aim for food is often off. I don't think that's a big deal...eyes on the sides afterall. Is there anything I can or should do? Does this look like something else going on?
 

This is Poe, my aptasia (not) eating file fish. I observed him eat a small bristle worm about 10 days ago. Now he has this bloated snout. He's active and eating, though his aim for food is often off. I don't think that's a big deal...eyes on the sides afterall. Is there anything I can or should do? Does this look like something else going on?

I bet that’s inflammation from the bristles from the worm. It does look pretty bad, but as long as it’s still eating, I think it will recover.
 

This is Poe, my aptasia (not) eating file fish. I observed him eat a small bristle worm about 10 days ago. Now he has this bloated snout. He's active and eating, though his aim for food is often off. I don't think that's a big deal...eyes on the sides afterall. Is there anything I can or should do? Does this look like something else going on?

I bet that’s inflammation from the bristles from the worm. It does look pretty bad, but as long as it’s still eating, I think it will recover.
Thank you. Now if he'd just decide aptasia was a better meal!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new