File Fish needs help.

Spammie33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My file fish got stuck between a rock and the glass 3 weeks ago. Later on that day my file fish fell to the sand and only gets up to eat food i drop. Most times it wont eat unless food is given to him on the ground. He stays on the ground all day long now and only moves when food is being fed to him. Does anyone know how to help my file fish? Thank you.

33D18B5E-BD8F-4FB8-9606-9AB667713C63.jpeg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My file fish got stuck between a rock and the glass 3 weeks ago. Later on that day my file fish fell to the sand and only gets up to eat food i drop. Most times it wont eat unless food is given to him on the ground. He stays on the ground all day long now and only moves when food is being fed to him. Does anyone know how to help my file fish? Thank you.

33D18B5E-BD8F-4FB8-9606-9AB667713C63.jpeg
I would guess it damaged its fin while being trapped.

You can keep him in the tank if hes not being bothered and hope it heals. Otherwise i would isolate it so its comfortable while recovering.

Keep it fed. Hopefully it comes around to swimming again. Poor little dude.

OP
OP
Spammie33

Spammie33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can keep him in the tank if hes not being bothered and hope it heals. Otherwise i would isolate it so its comfortable while recovering.

Thank you. I’m just making sure he doesnt die. Being injured could be probably, although theres no outter signs of it, could be internal. He swims up when i start to feed the fish but quickly falls back down and just lays flat and i’m forced to feed him myself. I’m hoping you’re right. Thank you for responding. It means alot.

OP
OP
Spammie33

Spammie33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My filefish is no longer eating /: its been 2 days now. Same position, not eating now..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back