Filter Floss amount

calebsmith7

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2022
Messages
118
Reaction score
31
Location
jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m modifying my fluval five gallon reef tank with an Intank media basket, I’ve found everything I need except for filter floss, I don’t know which kind to get and how much to use in my basket when it arrives, does anyone have experience with these things?
 
So I’m modifying my fluval five gallon reef tank with an Intank media basket, I’ve found everything I need except for filter floss, I don’t know which kind to get and how much to use in my basket when it arrives, does anyone have experience with these things?
If you have a hobby lobby nearby, then you can pick up a big of polyfil for cheap.

just plain ole polyfil like the link below.

This has no additives, bacteria inhibitors or anything like that.

As for amount, just a little bit fluffed up and stuck in the top portion. You will have to play with this a bit, as you want enough to allow water to flow almost all the way across the top, but do not want to pack it in there.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-S...remium-Polyester-Fiberfill---12-Ounce/p/36555
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new