Filter sock alternatives?

Tyler N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have an IM 50gal AIO Lagoon right now, with a filter sock on one side of the rear filtration and a bio caddy on the other. I'm looking for replacements for the filter socks, as I have heard there are much more effective options and changing the socks every 3 days is a pain. What would you all suggest as an alternative that will fit in that rear filtration slot the IM tanks have?

Thanks in advance!

Tyler

FishPureLuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IM AIO 80 and I use the throw away socks. I put them on both sides and my back chamber is awlays clean. Not the cheapest, but easiest for me.

FSP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than a fleece roller or ditching fines filtration altogether, you are still going to have to clean or exchange your new method at least twice a week to get any benefit out of it.

OP
OP
Tyler N

Tyler N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than a fleece roller or ditching fines filtration altogether, you are still going to have to clean or exchange your new method at least twice a week to get any benefit out of it.
I don't mind exchanging, that's why I was looking to hopefully get disposables that will work for that chamber. My larger tank I'm getting will have a sump and I'll use a fleece roller, but that doesn't seem to be an option for this one

FSP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it. If I understand the back chamber (pictures online aren't great), it looks easy enough to make a table out of eggcrate for a sheet of floss or foam.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back