Filtersockholders for the nano's are too small!

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my second Waterbox nano tank. After what i thought was a sporadic thing - my first WB nano tank had a filtersockholder that was too small for the chamber, leaving a gap - the tank i received today has the same issue.

You might as well leave the sock because most of the water will bypass the sock because of the almost half a centimeter gap. See picture (the red arrows is the gap).

I fixed it by glueing a piece of plastic on the gap but i'm sure many people don't even know there is a gap.

Waterbox, you should fix this!

20220415_163252.jpg

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my second Waterbox nano tank. After what i thought was a sporadic thing - my first WB nano tank had a filtersockholder that was too small for the chamber, leaving a gap - the tank i received today has the same issue.

You might as well leave the sock because most of the water will bypass the sock because of the almost half a centimeter gap. See picture (the red arrows is the gap).

I fixed it by glueing a piece of plastic on the gap but i'm sure many people don't even know there is a gap.

Waterbox, you should fix this!

20220415_163252.jpg
I don't know how the water flows through all the chambers but maybe it's there incase the sock clogs and water backs up?

OP
OP
H

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how the water flows through all the chambers but maybe it's there incase the sock clogs and water backs up?
If the sock clogs the water will flow over the baffle into the second chamber.
The gap shouldn't be there because dirt bypasses the sock and enters your other filtermedia.

Waterbox responded to an email i send them and they said the problem is the manufacturing proces, chamber 1 is not always the same size because tanks are handbuilt.

Personally i think that's not a valid reason, it's not that hard to place the first baffle at the same spot over and over again if you use a tool.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back