OP
OP
S

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back and forth on this fish - first I thought it was HLLE, then with the hanging/tattered fin rays, I thought aggression and secondary bacterial infection. Now, with this amount of time having passed and it hasn't either fully recovered or died, I'm not sure what is going on. If it looks improved to you, I would keep it where its at until the fins grow back some more.

Jay
Keep in mind, it took me several weeks to catch the fish from the original picture. I didn't get him in to the QT till about 3-4 weeks ago. I treated with Furan for sequence...2 treatments with water changes. Now letting him sit and feeding him while in QT. As I said, the tail isn't black any more and appears to be growing back. The dorsal and lower fins are pretty tattered and can't say I see growth yet.

He is eating quite well though...full sheet of nori in 1.5 days...

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind, it took me several weeks to catch the fish from the original picture. I didn't get him in to the QT till about 3-4 weeks ago. I treated with Furan for sequence...2 treatments with water changes. Now letting him sit and feeding him while in QT. As I said, the tail isn't black any more and appears to be growing back. The dorsal and lower fins are pretty tattered and can't say I see growth yet.

He is eating quite well though...full sheet of nori in 1.5 days...
Make sure it is getting enough fat and protein, and use air dried, not roasted sushi nori.

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...though I don't know how you would know if it is air dried. The stuff most places sell is sushi nori in their own packaging :).
Two Little Fishies dried algae is good.
Jay

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back