Finally got him!!

mjgonereefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t posted my month long endeavor of getting a wicked banana wrasse out of my reef but I finally got him! I tried nets and traps and 2 nets and moving rocks and finally got him with a barbless hook and a piece of shrimp. Even this method took forever. Anyways just wanted to share. Off to a new home tomorrow.

EA61FD24-6731-4D03-B137-0078D28B6BB5.jpeg

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember who it was but I was talking with someone on r2r about this method. Glad it worked!

OP
OP
mjgonereefing

mjgonereefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember who it was but I was talking with someone on r2r about this method. Glad it worked!
Man me too. He wasn’t a bad fish per say he was just so high energy and was constantly knocking smaller frags that were glued on off and would get crazy during feeding. Serious ADD. I will miss the dude though.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man me too. He wasn’t a bad fish per say he was just so high energy and was constantly knocking smaller frags that were glued on off and would get crazy during feeding. Serious ADD. I will miss the dude though.
I have a spare tank I keep a trigger in, love the guy but he moves Way to much sand in my reef. He eats out of my hand.

OP
OP
mjgonereefing

mjgonereefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a spare tank I keep a trigger in, love the guy but he moves Way to much sand in my reef. He eats out of my hand.
That’s awesome I love triggers. I have a goby that needs to go as well. He dumps loads of sand onto my meat corals daily. Still trying to figure out how to get him.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome I love triggers. I have a goby that needs to go as well. He dumps loads of sand onto my meat corals daily. Still trying to figure out how to get him.
cast-net-fishing-fall.gif

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also feel like the longer it takes to get them and capture them the smarter they get and the more they avoid you! Believe me they definitely know to avoid the net and all traps!:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :confounded-face:
So true!

WrasseyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My Bella goby was sifting sand and burying my corals in sand, so to the FOWLR he went. Now he can make as many mountains of sand to his heart’s content. I sometimes flatten his sand mountains to even things out a bit, which keeps him entertained as he remakes new sand mountains. Lol

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats!! I know that frustration!

OP
OP
mjgonereefing

mjgonereefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this battle with a wrasse I finally gave up and left him in the tank lol! I’m glad you preserved!:)
Honestly today was going to be the last day but for some reason it finally happened. I’m about to take him to the fish store and finding myself feeling sad but I gotta remember I cussed him out literally every day and he’s not gonna change! What kind of wrasse is yours?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly today was going to be the last day but for some reason it finally happened. I’m about to take him to the fish store and finding myself feeling sad but I gotta remember I cussed him out literally every day and he’s not gonna change! What kind of wrasse is yours?
Mine is a melanurus! I only wanted to remove him because he most definitely isn’t reef-safe or reef-safe with caution lol! He was having a feast on the hermits and snails. I haven’t officially seen him eating any but he is the only likely cause for them all disappearing so quickly and he’s sneaky lol. Now he has no more inverts to snack on he may have even eaten my little sea hare since I can’t find it. Jokes on him now. No more inverts are being added to the tank except maybe the dolabella sea hare I borrowed from that tank lol he has never bothered him though and it’s much bigger than him lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back