Finally Journeying to Nano Land! -IM 25 Lagoon

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to be patient with adding coral. Nitrates are around 5, so might be time for a mushroom! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
If you ever see a very clean and established tank at the LFS Store ask if you can get like 5 Gallons of their water. And be sure to ask to siphon only the surface.

When starting up my tank I quicken things up a ton of stuff just by using established tank water. Clearly be mindful and check the tank out for any pests. Some are absolutely clean from the start and have zero pest. So your chances on getting established clean water would help you so much. Also I noticed I never had to buy pods since their water had so many pods. Helps saves you from buying pods online which are expensive.

For corals, that tank needs to be established And using that LFS store water may just get you a one way ticket to jumping right in with corals the next week

Last edited:
OP
OP
IJustThinkItsNeat

IJustThinkItsNeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever see a very clean and established tank at the LFS Store ask if you can get like 5 Gallons of their water. And be sure to ask to siphon only the surface.

When starting up my tank I quicken things up a ton of stuff just by using established tank water. Clearly be mindful and check the tank out for any pests. Some are absolutely clean from the start and have zero pest. So your chances on getting established clean water would help you so much. Also I noticed I never had to buy pods since their water had so many pods. Helps saves you from buying pods online which are expensive.

For corals, that tank needs to be established And using that LFS store water may just get you a one way ticket to jumping right in with corals the next week
Missed these notifications.

I did think about doing this. We have a larger tank I was going to soak some media in and also take water from. But ultimately decided I wanted to take "the long route" to 1. Learn more about start up and 2. Apply what I've learned over the years. Its been a little stressful, but so far no issues! I'm thinking of adding a discosoma to see how it does.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back