OP
J_anderson_75

J_anderson_75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have your pump set at 10 (100%)? Post some pictures of the fish and rockwork!
I have it set at 9. I need to take some new pics then I'll post them. I just transferred a few of my corals over from my nano...hopefully they'll open up soon so I can get some decent pics!

OP
OP
J_anderson_75

J_anderson_75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have your pump set at 10 (100%)? Post some pictures of the fish and rockwork!
Here's a quick little video. I've never posted a video so hopefully it works!

I just transferred the corals over so they are still trying to open, but you can get an idea of how its coming along. Couldn't get any video of my little Gramma. He has slowly been coming out of the rocks more and more, but wouldn't come out this time.

You should be able to see my little 6 line wrasse, my 2 clowns and a few of my red leg hermit crabs.

OP
OP
J_anderson_75

J_anderson_75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple random pics while I let my tank do it's thing. Finally got my skimmer dialed in after over-skimming for 2 weeks. Originally I had my drain valve on the skimmer opened all the way and dumping back in to my sump for the break in period. After 2 weeks I finally set my drain hose into a separate 5 gallon bucket to catch the waste and after about an hour, my skimmer settled down and I was able to finally close the valve. All seems to be working great for now.

Been dosing a little alk each day to raise my alk from around 6 to 8-9 range as well. I should be at 8 or so today.

20210401_114853.jpg

20210323_151336.jpg

OP
OP
J_anderson_75

J_anderson_75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I transferred my maxi mini carpet anemone from my nano tank to this tank today. I had every intention of just grabbing him from the rock, float and drip acclimating him and gently placing him down on my rock in this tank somewhere. He had another plan. I could not get him off the rock! So, I ran through some options in my head and ultimately, I just transferred the whole rock with no acclimation. I'll watch him close and see how he does, but he's pretty hardy so I'm not too worried.

OP
OP
J_anderson_75

J_anderson_75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick water test update: Shows my alk sitting at 9 dKH and my PO4 at 0.02. So far so good. Fed my Maxi-Mini last night and he seems to be doing fine. Been trying to feed my other corals a little heavier, so I'm keeping an eye on my PO4 levels. Alk was low, so over the last 9-10 days or so I raised it up.

So far so good.

PHOS Test 4_13_21.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back