Finally set up an account

Astrangia

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2024
Messages
14
Reaction score
42
Location
Ave Maria
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! So I've technically had saltwater tanks for about 6 years but I wouldn't say I was successful at them until about 4 years ago. I've long lurked on this forum for years but I haven't made an account until now. I decided that I want to meet fellow aquarium lovers, and share ideas to help forward this great hobby.

Currently I have a 36 gallon with softies and a duncan, a 5 gallon blackwater (or at least tinted with botanicals and neutral pH) freshwater with 2 mangroves that I need to acclimate to marine, and I am currently setting up a seagrass dominated tank. Hopefully I can set up a build thread on that latter idea. Can't wait to meet more hobbyists!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hello! So I've technically had saltwater tanks for about 6 years but I wouldn't say I was successful at them until about 4 years ago. I've long lurked on this forum for years but I haven't made an account until now. I decided that I want to meet fellow aquarium lovers, and share ideas to help forward this great hobby.

Currently I have a 36 gallon with softies and a duncan, a 5 gallon blackwater (or at least tinted with botanicals and neutral pH) freshwater with 2 mangroves that I need to acclimate to marine, and I am currently setting up a seagrass dominated tank. Hopefully I can set up a build thread on that latter idea. Can't wait to meet more hobbyists!
It sounds like you have a good amount of experience with keeping saltwater tanks. I'm excited to hear about your new seagrass tank and see how your mangroves do. -Emmie
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new