Finished Cycle

PNWRich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I finally finished my cycle. Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 2.0. Cycle took 25 days using Dr Tim’s. I did the suggested 25% water change at 13 days. Do I need to do another water change before adding fish?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no its fine now. :)

you are all done, review fish disease preps before you add the fish, the tank can certainly carry them

don't think skipping them will work :) / all dead by May/ its why the disease forum here is so active. especially with dry rock setups

not because of a lack of cycle, yours is done as well as anyone's cycle

because dry rock setups lack any age and rock maturity that suppresses disease components biologically and through niche pressures and because today's fish are held/sourced/transferred in ways certain to outbreak a non prepped tank by May. sorry for the buzzkill / simply relaying the basic scan if we pull up the disease forum and check to see how many new help threads were started last 24 hours/what kind of rock they used.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you skip preps (nearly certain, nobody wants more wait acknowledged) it just happens anyway, even if we secretly hope it will not. Things go fine in Jan, Feb, heck even through March

and then by May: zang

if we take a mere 30 mins to skim help post patterns in the disease forum, we see how long the expected delay is for disease outbreak. delayed usually. makes things seem fine and normal in the interim, then -wham- in a few months

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back