OP
Fin

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Sir. I'm thinking about the way I've acted.
I am thinking that this would be a good time to start raising Berghia nudis - in that "other" tank. :)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some.
The only reason I haven't added some already is there are two very reclusive peppermint shrimp somewhere in there and they eat berghia - of course, they are also supposed to eat aiptasia (which they din't touch) and that is why they got added in the first place.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I haven't added some already is there are two very reclusive peppermint shrimp somewhere in there and they eat berghia - of course, they are also supposed to eat aiptasia (which they din't touch) and that is why they got added in the first place.

My shrimp never touched them either, after my clowns passed away I just carpet bombed my Nuvo 10 with Kalk paste and it eliminated all but a few, which I got rid of in operation clean sweep a couple days later. :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been MIA, obviously, but have wondered about how things are going with you and your life. Are you retired yet? What's new and different? Oh, I semi-recently saw a couple sweet TA's for sale. They both reminded me of you and the white one you had.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been MIA, obviously, but have wondered about how things are going with you and your life. Are you retired yet? What's new and different? Oh, I semi-recently saw a couple sweet TA's for sale. They both reminded me of you and the white one you had.

Hey man! Good to hear from you! I hope you have been doing ok. My final day at work is January 31st. Staying an extra month turned out to be an advantageous no brainer for me that will boost my pension. So an extra month.

Tank is still dry, but come February I will have the time to work on it. Still buying gear for it though. Not sure I can even get everything in and around the tank. I may have to have a reef garage sale. :)

I try not to look for T/As for sale anymore. I have two old cars already. The two old cars sit in the carport and the late model Explorer sits in the driveway. I will have an extra spot in the driveway when I have to turn my company car in. :)

Glad to see you around here again. We miss your wit and videos. Don't be a stranger!

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What on earth do you still need to buy gear wise? Lol!!!
I am buying replacement stuff for new in the box stuff. LOL! Maybe I just like buying reef gear. ;Wacky

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying replacement stuff for new in the box stuff. LOL! Maybe I just like buying reef gear. ;Wacky

Get a custom sump from Adaptive Reef, at the very least it will drain your bank account so you can't go replacing NIB gear with N'erIB gear ;)

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a custom sump from Adaptive Reef, at the very least it will drain your bank account so you can't go replacing NIB gear with N'erIB gear ;)
No, I still like my sump and no way I want to take on replumbing the stuff that is plumbed already. I am too old to start over. LOL!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man! Good to hear from you! I hope you have been doing ok. My final day at work is January 31st. Staying an extra month turned out to be an advantageous no brainer for me that will boost my pension. So an extra month.

Tank is still dry, but come February I will have the time to work on it. Still buying gear for it though. Not sure I can even get everything in and around the tank. I may have to have a reef garage sale. :)

I try not to look for T/As for sale anymore. I have two old cars already. The two old cars sit in the carport and the late model Explorer sits in the driveway. I will have an extra spot in the driveway when I have to turn my company car in. :)

Glad to see you around here again. We miss your wit and videos. Don't be a stranger!

Thanks @Fin !

Happy to hear all is well and dry but soon to be changing.
Very cool that simply putting in an extra month will help you out!

Once a gearhead...

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on retiring soon. Excited for you to get this thread rolling with a wet tank.
Thank you. I hope the tank ends up being worth the long wait.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fin - just noticed "Reef Squad Emeritus"... ooohhhh.... aahhhhh... fancy shmancy!
That’s a polite way to indicate that I am a slacker, but may become useful at a later date. LOL!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back