Fired UP about reefing!!

Are you excited about reefing right now?

• Yes!

Votes: 500 82.1%
  • No!

Votes: 55 9.0%
  • Getting there!

Votes: 54 8.9%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Anybody else fired up about reefing lately? I’m actually down in the tank room cleaning, sweeping, throwing junk away! Trust me it’s hard for me to throw stuff away! Ha!

What about you?

It’s about reefing season again!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Anybody else fired up about reefing lately? I’m actually down in the tank room cleaning, sweeping, throwing junk away! Trust me it’s hard for me to throw stuff away! Ha!

What about you?

It’s about reefing season again!
I'm waiting on Papua New Guinea opening up for corals

20190810_215022.jpg

Auquanut

View Badges
Reaction score
You know, it's strange that you should ask that. I'm always attentive to the tanks, but it seems lately I'm more into every aspect of the hobby. I've set up a couple of projects and even considering a new tank for the wife. Is it just the time of the year?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Always up for reefing! Next couple months are busy times coming up. Local swap first week of September and RAP Chicago in mid October.

@revhtree, are you coming up to Chicago for RAP?

Crabs McJones

Mayor of R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
With our recent move, all the new neighbors want to come over and see what "the blue light from the living room is"
I wouldnt say I've lost my spark, but it's definitely made the spark bigger :)

Tiger Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
You know my LFS is a mom and pop local guy and he told me that summer is very slow for salt livestock and is the only reason he stocks freshwater fish. I never thought of the hobby as having a "season", but perhaps it does.

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
100% excited!! Just did the bare minimum for a few months letting the tank just cruise, but lately been super excited and rejuvenated. Added a gyre pump and been on top of cleaning and maintenance lately.

Top Shelf Aquatics

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Definitely getting more enthusiastic. My remaining SPS (dino battle) are now recovering rapidly and the new SPS (Bubble Gum digi, green acro) are growing well. LPS is happy and zoas are doing well.

I think it's time for a big order from Battle Corals next week! Next Saturday is also our local clubs biggest meeting of the year called Reef Fest. We will frag 4 large colonies and everyone will get their choice of 3 frags. Fun day.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm counting the days till my tank life support will not depend on my ac! Also looking forward to reasonable electricity bills
Opening some windows for PH bump! Can't do that now, it's 110 with the heat index! :mad:

MTBake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm kinda in the slumps. Dealing with another dino bloom 5 months after beating them. Just hope the losses with sps are less than last time. Really bummed about it cause rap Chicago is right around the corner. Hope I get everything in order so I can pick up some new coral by then.

siggy

just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
With our recent move, all the new neighbors want to come over and see what "the blue light from the living room is"
I wouldnt say I've lost my spark, but it's definitely made the spark bigger :)
We call those Nosy Ninjas :p If you dont show them they will be peeking in the windows.

Opening some windows for PH bump! Can't do that now, it's 110 with the heat index! :mad:
ouch!
Need a kick start myself, Chicago is a short drive :rolleyes:

Sisterlimonpot

View Badges
Reaction score
I definitely am fired up about MACNA!!! I have several fish related projects that I am holding off on until after MACNA.
I personally would like to hear some news from focustronic about what they will come out with.... waiting patiently for an expansion of automated testing equipment.

Any special reefing plans for this week?

• Yes

Votes: 66 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 70 46.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 10.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Bulk Reef Supply
Aquarium Specialty