Fired UP about reefing!!

Are you excited about reefing right now?

• Yes!

Votes: 502 82.2%
  • No!

Votes: 55 9.0%
  • Getting there!

Votes: 54 8.8%

• Total voters

jaxredsoxfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would like to hear some news from focustronic about what they will come out with.... waiting patiently for an expansion of automated testing equipment.

I agree, I think as a hobby we are on the on the cusp of some great auto testing options, excited to see what the next 6 months to a year brings.

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else fired up about reefing lately? I’m actually down in the tank room cleaning, sweeping, throwing junk away! Trust me it’s hard for me to throw stuff away! Ha!

What about you?

It’s about reefing season again!
I actually cannot wait to get a reef tank! Just have a long wait but I will get there. :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Always up for reefing! Next couple months are busy times coming up. Local swap first week of September and RAP Chicago in mid October.

@revhtree, are you coming up to Chicago for RAP?
Ill be there along with a local Wi group !!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With the new big tank up and running, I couldn't be anything but right now !!

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 18 years out of the hobby, yea excited. 2 years into a 25 gallon nano cube, now 2 months into a 120 and setting up a 45 frag tank.

20190810_102742.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually cannot wait to get a reef tank! Just have a long wait but I will get there. :)
I see your in Ohio, I have a 75 marine land, stand and sump that will be available in a month or so. 100 clams should help you get started;)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else fired up about reefing lately? I’m actually down in the tank room cleaning, sweeping, throwing junk away! Trust me it’s hard for me to throw stuff away! Ha!

What about you?

Wait, what are you throwing away? Pumps and skimmers? :p

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your in Ohio, I have a 75 marine land, stand and sump that will be available in a month or so. 100 clams should help you get started;)
I’ve got 90 clams and 5 mussels. Am I coming up short?

lonelyfloat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What about you?

Me too! I don't know why
( ^∇^)

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I voted no. Around this time of year I usually think about tearing my tank down and getting rid of it. The tank makes my office unbearable (hot and humid) and the stress of maintaining it while doing all my other weekly chores really starts to get to me. Then as soon as spring rolls around I'll be wanting to set one up again. I've done this 3 years in a row and my wife told me that if I get rid of this tank, that's it...no more.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started during the summer lol! Guess it was a good time to do so now everyone will be excited and keep my fire going hahah

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know my LFS is a mom and pop local guy and he told me that summer is very slow for salt livestock and is the only reason he stocks freshwater fish. I never thought of the hobby as having a "season", but perhaps it does.

That's exactly what my LFS said, crazy huh?

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am right now, I wasn;t as of a few weeks ago. My tank had become overrun with cualerpa and I'd let parameters get out of control. Algae was everywhere and corals were bleaching out. I hadn't done a water change in months and I lost some acros and almost some really special corals which shocked me into action. I basically reset the tank and now have been on top of water changes and parameters. Tank looks amazing! However right now I'm really slammed ith school and sports but its always awesome to come home and de-stress to some tank maintnence. Got a big water change planned tonight actually :D

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back