Firefish with just life rock

emskim

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Location
Knoxville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey so I have a 20 gallon tank with soon to be 20 lbs of live rock but js 10 for now. I really love firefish and it’s more than likely gonna be my next fish. How many should I get for a 20 gallon tank? I know you don’t wanna get a odd number but I feel like 4 is too much
 
I only had one fire fish in my 20g, and personally, I would only have one in there. What is your current stocking of fish?
 
20 gallon with 20 lbs of rock is more like 16 gallons of water. I also would add only one in that size tank, but depends what else is in the tank?
 
We had 2 that we got together. They stayed together and slept in the same small cave . One started growing more than the other and started picking on the smaller fish . The smaller one now lives in a different tank.
 
You can do three but you limit yourself in future additions.
 
20 gallon with 20 lbs of rock is more like 16 gallons of water. I also would add only one in that size tank, but depends what else is in the tank?
Nothing currently and I plan to js keep fire fish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new