First attempt at bleaching hair

  • Thread starter Thread starter russell13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

russell13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2010
Messages
301
Reaction score
585
Location
lake elsinore,CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I was young I would bleach my hair all the time, now I don’t have any hair.

Well I guess I didn’t learn my lesson because I’m going to try and bleach some rock.
I picked up a used tank with some Liverock , the Live Rock still has some green on it and even some bubble algae. Figure it’s best to clean it all and start fresh. Any tips you have would be helpful, this is my first try bleaching Rock and I’m kinda scared. soaking something in bleach and then putting it in my reef tank.
Thanks
 
E7077A36-D1FC-4811-8E2C-5AE1E1D09785.jpeg
Here’s what we’re working with
 
I bleached my rock, letting it sit in the bleach water for a week. Then I dumped it, filled with water and let it sit for another week with 2 changes of the water every couple of days. After the week I let it completely dry in the sun for another week. Once it was completely dry it really had no odor of bleach. I then smashed it all to fist size pieces and cemented it back together into the shape I wanted. This was the end result for 1 side...

Day1-1.jpg
 
I bleached my rock, letting it sit in the bleach water for a week. Then I dumped it, filled with water and let it sit for another week with 2 changes of the water every couple of days. After the week I let it completely dry in the sun for another week. Once it was completely dry it really had no odor of bleach. I then smashed it all to fist size pieces and cemented it back together into the shape I wanted. This was the end result for 1 side...

Day1-1.jpg
Looks great!
I’m also going to use a declorinator to help remove any bleach that was left on the rocks.
 
Thank you ! !

I wasn't too worried about using dechlorinator because I let it completely dry out but there's nothing wrong with using it. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new