First attempt at bleaching hair

russell13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I was young I would bleach my hair all the time, now I don’t have any hair.

Well I guess I didn’t learn my lesson because I’m going to try and bleach some rock.
I picked up a used tank with some Liverock , the Live Rock still has some green on it and even some bubble algae. Figure it’s best to clean it all and start fresh. Any tips you have would be helpful, this is my first try bleaching Rock and I’m kinda scared. soaking something in bleach and then putting it in my reef tank.
Thanks

OP
OP
russell13

russell13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E7077A36-D1FC-4811-8E2C-5AE1E1D09785.jpeg
Here’s what we’re working with

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bleached my rock, letting it sit in the bleach water for a week. Then I dumped it, filled with water and let it sit for another week with 2 changes of the water every couple of days. After the week I let it completely dry in the sun for another week. Once it was completely dry it really had no odor of bleach. I then smashed it all to fist size pieces and cemented it back together into the shape I wanted. This was the end result for 1 side...

Day1-1.jpg

OP
OP
russell13

russell13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bleached my rock, letting it sit in the bleach water for a week. Then I dumped it, filled with water and let it sit for another week with 2 changes of the water every couple of days. After the week I let it completely dry in the sun for another week. Once it was completely dry it really had no odor of bleach. I then smashed it all to fist size pieces and cemented it back together into the shape I wanted. This was the end result for 1 side...

Day1-1.jpg
Looks great!
I’m also going to use a declorinator to help remove any bleach that was left on the rocks.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you ! !

I wasn't too worried about using dechlorinator because I let it completely dry out but there's nothing wrong with using it. :)

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back