First build attempt. Wish me luck.

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the room and some experience plumbing you can make a mixing station similar to this. I got the idea from someone on here.
20190124_151013.jpg

OP
OP
birdman1989

birdman1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Here is what i think will work. Based on where I'm going to be putting the tank (An Over the Top UGA fan room), and some talking with the wife. I will be taking over the middle bathroom shower of our house. That puts me about 20ft away in a straight shot from where I will be putting the mixing station and the tank. In the shower where I will be putting the mixing station, I have 37"x32" of space. I can remove the shower head and tap the RO/DI off from there, with the unit mounted on the wall. Based on the size constraints and the recommendation of being able to store a 20% water change, I'm leaning towards 2x RomoTech Horizontal Square Poly Reservoir (30 Gal). One will be for RO/DI, and the other will be for salt water. I can build a platform that makes it easier for me to work with it. The pump will be the same pump that I decided to use with my tank, so that just in case I have a pump failure, I will already have a spare. The basic design will be the same one that NPD_289 recommended that worked for him. I think that this will also help with any spills and the discharge from the RO/DI because its already draining into a normal shower drain. As always, I'm looking forward to any feedback from you guys. Y'all have been a great help so far.

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks awesome, could you point out everything that goes into it?
Not a problem. Left container is RODI water where I have a float valve installed. I use the gate valve underneath it to fill a jug for my ATO. I can then open the ball valve next to the gate valve to pump water over to the right container. Once it fills, I close that ball valve and open the right one. Then I use the pump to circulate the water when I add the salt. I also have a small powerhead and heater in that container. When I need the saltwater, I shut everything off and use the right gate valve to drain the saltwater into a jug. Added a couple more pics to help you out.
20191014_133938.jpg
20191014_133917.jpg
20191014_133938.jpg

OP
OP
birdman1989

birdman1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased another EcoTech Marine Vectra S2 and EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10 for my salt water mixing station. Along with that I chose a different water holding tank, the Norwesco Horizontal Leg Tank 35 Gal due to the space concerns in my shower along with I can go pick this up in store. I plan on getting two of the tanks and mounting them on top of each other with the RO/DI water on top, and salt water on bottom. I still need to work out a easy way to add salt to the bottom. The MP10 will be mounted in the salt water tank for circulation. For RO/DI I went with the Marine Depot KleanWater 4-Stage Advanced RO/DI System - 100GPD. Big shout out to @NPD_289 for the assistance with the freshwater station ideas. I just signed the freight and shipping consent form for the Waterbox 100.3. I'm really excited for that to be moving so smoothly. With all of that said, the only thing I need to work out and order are the salt and sampling. If you guys have any recommendations, I'm ready to receive them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Keep planning the way you are. Youre off to a good start and it will pay off

welcome26.png

OP
OP
birdman1989

birdman1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got the tracking information on everything except the tank. I need to be at home tomorrow to sign for everything except my new centerpiece. Now I'm a little anxious. I hope everything works correctly.

OP
OP
birdman1989

birdman1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191015_155235.jpg

I got a shipment today. Everything showed up with the exception of my tank and protein skimmer. I have to be honest, seeing and being able to hold everything starts to shift this from a hope to a reality. Not much left until I get to set this baby up.

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191015_155235.jpg

I got a shipment today. Everything showed up with the exception of my tank and protein skimmer. I have to be honest, seeing and being able to hold everything starts to shift this from a hope to a reality. Not much left until I get to set this baby up.
That pile of goodies should be under a Christmas tree...

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sold back two weeks of vacation time so I could get my presents early
Nice that you two can work on this project together
I second this! Half my stuff I have to hide from the wife and all of it I have to lie about the actual price...everything I buy is always "on sale"

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, great build. I can say all your equipment is great choices. Well thought out. Can’t wait to see more pics.

Back